Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band- Will you buy it??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone know if the PS2 Singstar mics work with Rock Band? Can rob my sisters ones to save me having to buy a USB mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

any usb compatible mic will work so id imagine it will alrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Helix wrote: »
    jesus yeah thats absolutely bloody horrible lol

the guitar bit is too easy tho

I dunno about that, the last few songs like 'Train kept a rollin' have me getting mighty angry. Should have played career on medium and not hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    i think everyone is at the beginning.

Its like learning the guitar all over again.

worse bit I find with the drums is when you get a stream of the same note to a beat, and you mistime one beat and then you are stuck on the wrong beat for 5 or 6 notes before you are able to correct yourself.

drives me mad.

I tried the singing....

uhhm

the less said the better.

Yeah that pretty much ruined me on the couple of goes I had on the drums.

As for the singing well I tried easy and it certainly is. Then I tried expert and it's a hell of a lot tougher but still doable depending on the song. I tried a song I didn't know and did quite miserably.

The Fender Strat takes some getting used to. I think it's a far better put together guitar than the Les Paul but I really don't like the way the buttons aren't raised off the neck so I went back to the Les Paul. The strum bar seems a lot sturdier but it feels really weird and I don't particularly like it. I'm sticking with my Les Paul for now.

Had a bash at Hard on guitar and it felt like playing Medium on GH. Hopefully it gets tougher.

Does anybody know if the achievements are stacked in this? Like if you beat hard does it give you the medium and easy achievements too? It really annoyed me in GH3 having to beat every career mode to get the achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Wow, this game Rocks! :D

Guitar is definitely a good bit easier, I've already gold starred songs on Expert and FCd some, but it's way more fun than GH3 and feels much better.

Drumming on Medium atm and haven't had 5 stars but have yet to fail. Great craic.

Crackin' tunes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Achievements are stacked which is nice. Beat Hard today on Guitar and it gave me the easy and medium achievements too. The last tier on hard is pretty hard, I only failed one song though and that was the second song on the last tier, failed it twice during the solo got it on the third attempt. Hammer Ons are the same as GHII so it makes pretty difficult getting them right after playing GHIII for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

To the top post on this page, the usb hub needs to have its own power supply, I picked one up for about 15 quid in soundstore.

One thing I do miss about having the PS3 version is the achievements, and the in game store working properly. On the PS3 at the moment it shows that you have everything purchased, but for ones you dont actually have you need to quit out of the game and download it through the PS3 store, bit of a pain but nothing major.

I'm waiting for the first person here to snap the pedal or break a drum head, it's a huge problem in america but I took precautions when I imported mine. The metal pedal plate and foam pads on the drums helped out in keeping the drum kit working right, then last week I modded my real double pedal to work with RB. About 6 - 7 euro and a hours work later I have double bass pedal in RB!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

What difficulties are all of you drumming on lads?

i think i might have a knack for it because ive never touched a drum set in my life before but i finished the medium solo tour and im more than halfway through hard and tbh, im very comfortable. I havent failed on hard yet.

my gamertag is RobsYourUncle so add me if you want ill be glad to have a game anytime.
    I play expert guitar (finished the tour) and hard drums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Pretty much the same as yourself but with a handful of fails along the way, normally a second round will see me through. Only previous experience is tapping my fingers, head and foot to a song, but I've been doing that for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Assuming that the 23rd May release for the UK does include Ireland, and that the price stays at €240, how many boardees are going to buy it?

I'm still not sure- €240 is a phenomenal amount of money to spend on one game, a game with peripherals which aren't exactly reported as being reliable.

Just wondering what you guys will do come Friday??

I have had it since christmas eve and my bro splashed out near 400euro to get it maybe even over that...Still the games great for a while but i don't really play it anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hopefully gonna get Rock Band today and just the Drum Set...

I have a couple of questions for anyone who bought it already....

So are the Drums wireless or usb?

I Will be using my old GH2 guitar, so does that mean i wont be able to do Solo's cause i dont have the 5 extra buttons that are on the RB fender?

And finally, do you need 3 people minimum for the Band tour or can you just play it with drums and guitar?

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

drums are wired and yes you can play solos without the extra buttons and yes you can play band tour with at least 2 instruments..

drums are wired and yes you can play solos without the extra buttons and yes you can play band tour with at least 2 instruments..

Great...thanks a million for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have my drum set bought and set up but still waiting on the game (torture!).

Quick question: will the wooden drumsticks against plastic definitely mark and dent the drum tops? How durable (in use) is the drum kit? I've seen reports of the kick pedal breaking easily anyways.

Only have it 2 days now...just got the drums and the game, but the drums are a bit more sturdy than i expected them to be...

I think you would have to be seriously rough with them to break them, but im only playing on easy cause im crap, so i dont know how frantic you gotta hit & kick on other difficulties....

• Advertisement

Not sure about the drums but I definitely read the kick pedal is fairly easily broken.. but this was late last year when it was released in the US and apparently Harmonix have released a sturdier one (or at least replaced the broken existing ones).

Breaks mid-way through song here:

How to fix a broken kick-pedal:

Wow...good fix...hope i never have to use it tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jaysus in all fairness though he was going at it pretty hard. You do have to remember its not a real kit. Ever since I got mine I've been very particular with the pedal. I don't play with my shoes on because it makes it harder to feel how much you're baytin the thing. And I generally step with the ball of my foot not my heel. I dunno you gotta train yourself to treat it not too roughly. Just like a beautiful woman. Caress her, don't kick the **** outta her. :D:D:p

Asmodean wrote: »
    Just like a beautiful woman. Caress her, don't kick the **** outta her. :D:D:p
    So that's what I've been doing wrong with women..!

Thank you Asmodean! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trb 93

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Assuming that the 23rd May release for the UK does include Ireland, and that the price stays at €240, how many boardees are going to buy it?

I'm still not sure- €240 is a phenomenal amount of money to spend on one game, a game with peripherals which aren't exactly reported as being reliable.

Just wondering what you guys will do come Friday??

i am going to buy it sometime,but not just yet i will buy it in a few more months,maybe the price will have dropped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement