Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band- Will you buy it??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hopefully gonna get Rock Band today and just the Drum Set...

I have a couple of questions for anyone who bought it already....

So are the Drums wireless or usb?

I Will be using my old GH2 guitar, so does that mean i wont be able to do Solo's cause i dont have the 5 extra buttons that are on the RB fender?

And finally, do you need 3 people minimum for the Band tour or can you just play it with drums and guitar?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

drums are wired and yes you can play solos without the extra buttons and yes you can play band tour with at least 2 instruments..

drums are wired and yes you can play solos without the extra buttons and yes you can play band tour with at least 2 instruments..

Great...thanks a million for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have my drum set bought and set up but still waiting on the game (torture!).

Quick question: will the wooden drumsticks against plastic definitely mark and dent the drum tops? How durable (in use) is the drum kit? I've seen reports of the kick pedal breaking easily anyways.

Only have it 2 days now...just got the drums and the game, but the drums are a bit more sturdy than i expected them to be...

I think you would have to be seriously rough with them to break them, but im only playing on easy cause im crap, so i dont know how frantic you gotta hit & kick on other difficulties....

• Advertisement

Not sure about the drums but I definitely read the kick pedal is fairly easily broken.. but this was late last year when it was released in the US and apparently Harmonix have released a sturdier one (or at least replaced the broken existing ones).

Breaks mid-way through song here:

How to fix a broken kick-pedal:

Wow...good fix...hope i never have to use it tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jaysus in all fairness though he was going at it pretty hard. You do have to remember its not a real kit. Ever since I got mine I've been very particular with the pedal. I don't play with my shoes on because it makes it harder to feel how much you're baytin the thing. And I generally step with the ball of my foot not my heel. I dunno you gotta train yourself to treat it not too roughly. Just like a beautiful woman. Caress her, don't kick the **** outta her. :D:D:p

Asmodean wrote: »
    Just like a beautiful woman. Caress her, don't kick the **** outta her. :D:D:p
    So that's what I've been doing wrong with women..!

Thank you Asmodean! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trb 93

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Assuming that the 23rd May release for the UK does include Ireland, and that the price stays at €240, how many boardees are going to buy it?

I'm still not sure- €240 is a phenomenal amount of money to spend on one game, a game with peripherals which aren't exactly reported as being reliable.

Just wondering what you guys will do come Friday??

i am going to buy it sometime,but not just yet i will buy it in a few more months,maybe the price will have dropped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement