Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed

Options
  • 19-05-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I bought the game there yesterday for €27.98, including the €10 euro i took off with the Game card...€19.98. I've heard everyone saying "Its too repetitive" or "it gets boring after a while",i found that the game lacked 'huge battles and weapons'. The fighting system was alright, but can be a bit too easy when you click one button to kill an enemy straight away? I felt like i was cheating...:o The graphics were a big thumbs up, standing on top of a huge building and looking around the city, you really feel like your in that actual city back then!

I think anyone thats a fan of free running will love this game, you can climb everything! Altaïr puts Lara Croft to shame with his climbing techniques. But they could have added more free running moves like flips, running along walls, hand stands, hanging upside down and much more.

What did everyone else think of the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

got a PS3 with 5 games for xmas and this game is the only one that i've beaten so far. I was VERY impressed with this game, i'm doing computer game development in college though so i'm far more easily impressed these days when playing games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think the free running was a joke in it TBH. You just held down a button and that's all there was to it!

They could have made it a bit more challenging to do it TBH.

I thought you just did the same thing over and over and although that was fun, it wore thin by the end. I'm sure I found it more repetitive because I cleared it in a day and half.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i loved it when it came out then i realised after the second city/town thing that i had as good as cleared the game.

it was so repetitive it was unreal.

i also agree with brim, they could of made the free running a bit more involving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

It would be better if you could do the jumping yourself and have balance bars when your moving on thin ledges. There could have been a lot more interaction with the levels, talking to people about the city and multiple shops to buy different things. And your able to customize your character to your assassination needs.

Like an upgraded version of oblivion with more action...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

RedXIV wrote: »
    got a PS3 with 5 games for xmas and this game is the only one that i've beaten so far. I was VERY impressed with this game, i'm doing computer game development in college though so i'm far more easily impressed these days when playing games

A little off topic but if you're doing game development in college then you should really try to get out of the mindset of the player "beating" the game. Its a collaboration, the designer can make it impossible to win if he likes, its not a competition.

Just a little pet peeve of mine. Please continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

its a good game and visually superb but it does get really repetitive. i only rented it... never did finis it.. can someone tells me how it ends and if the last mission is any different to the others? Spoiler tag it obviously

I think they should make it compulsory to include a difficulty level that is borderline impossible to complete as in Doom Nightmare level of difficulty and have a range of difficulty levels inbetween.

I find it annoing playing a game on the hardest difficulty level and not being in any way challenged which has become all too common. The hardest difficulty level should be extremely challenging so that if you do make an epic game that people can go back to it time and time again and be challenged by it instead of just playing through a game, maybe getting killed once and restarting from 3 foot away and continuing like nothing happened.

You should get punished for dying in a game, otherwise you don't go no I'm going to die because there is no penalty to death. Its kind of like being immortal and going bungie jumping, if the cord snapped, why would you care?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

brim4brim wrote: »
    Its kind of like being immortal and going bungie jumping, if the cord snapped, why would you care?

Er why would you bother with the cord in the first place?

I agree that quicksaving etc. takes a lot of the challenge out of games but the reverse tends to lead to frustration and worse, tedium (such as having to wade through maybe 5 minutes of easy rubbish to get to the hard bit).

A better way I think is to actively reward players who don't save rather than punish. So say maybe you get extra XP or some special weapon etc.

Well if its a good game, you'll play the same bit again, if its not a good game, you'll stop playing.

I mean I agree with having strategically placed save points like just before a sequence requiring very good timing or something but Bioshocks were just fooking ridiculous for example.

I like the Half-Life system of save where you like. That way if your too lazy to save you get punished for it and if your not then well played sir. That way if you don't like a bit you can save after it but its not necessary and completely up to the player.

I guess I'm just not a big fan of the checkpoint only system. I really like the way Half-Life does it but of course I just really like Half-Life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

brim4brim wrote: »
    I think they should make it compulsory to include a difficulty level that is borderline impossible to complete as in Doom Nightmare level of difficulty and have a range of difficulty levels inbetween.

I'd always play Doom on either Nightmare or at the very least ultra violence, it isnt too hard :)

You picked a pretty bad example, a better one would be the Ghouls and Ghosts games, if you want hard their just silly, finishable, but it will take you a whole long time. its not just hard because you cant save at all either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

They could have had a harder difficulty in the game, and reward you with achievements if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty like the way they do with other games. It makes it that bit more challenging and you can show your friends the achievements to prove that you finished it on hard.

Yeah i noticed that about the auto save in the game, it saves after everything you do? Its good and bad in ways as you've described...

Advertisement