Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT Forum: Topics discussing/outlining WIT IT Courses. Pointless?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Whats the point in these threads? All information is available online the WIT website anyway.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Whats the point in these threads? All information is available online the WIT website anyway.

Yeah I am kinda wondering this too. Is it an attempt to drum up some interest/chat about this courses in an attempt to get more people into computing in WIT?? I know they are worrying about course sizes being too small in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Jesus Sully, one thread would have been enough! If I did the same for business courses, I'd be slapped with the ban stick! :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Your little one man forum is working well here Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

To be fair on the situation here, the threads have been started because they are here to inform people of the courses entitled in the threads that are on offer in wit. Yes as said the threads are fully covered on the wit website, but if i recollect correctly nowhere on the wit website is there anywhere where these courses can be discussed by people in said courses, people wishing to enter said courses or people who have seen received degrees from said courses and merely reflecting back. It is hardly the end of the world that there is four new threads posted in what seems to be a pretty infrequently posted forum anyway. I mean come on like the highlight of the last 4 months or so was two threads on the gaming society and then on the library, both good threads in there own right but both of them cant add up to the original applied computing one so whats the harm in dividing it. Seems to me the objections are petty and would maybe more substantial if it could be backed up by people actively starting and promoting new threads in this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah but there is nothing to stop someone asking about a course here if they want to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Yeah but there is nothing to stop someone asking about a course here if they want to

well now they wont have to ask they can just click :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Right iv posted this in Feedback as it was off topic to have it on the topic in question and unfair to delete the complaints.

The issue is that I have posted a few different topics outlining whats available with regards to IT courses in WIT, points information, subjects, requirements etc. Yes its on the WIT website, but its a WIT Discussion forum at the end of the day.

WIT Forum
    Topic Posts Moved From.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yeah, WIT is pointless. To think you guys want a real university.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Antithetic wrote: »
    Yeah, WIT is pointless. To think you guys want a real university.

This isnt a topic about WIT being "pointless" or about "university status". So please, stop trolling and move on. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Might it be better to create a sticky at the top of the forum so users can access it better, rather than create a new thread each time someone has a question. Might clean it up a bit.

Unless that's all they ask, then the forum would be v quiet as regards new threads. TBH, its up to Sully, it doesn't look too busy to me.

I definitely don't think its pointless (the threads), some good advice changes hands there on a regular basis.

Although somewhat off-topic, Antithetic FTW!

• Advertisement

My idea was to have a different topic for the main IT Courses. Wasnt thinking of having one for each course. I saw the way the Applied Computing one went and thought it would work for each course. It is a quiet forum but gets a bit busy when students are filling out CAO. It has a high view count but a small post count.

A stickied topic with questions on a range of different courses might get a tad bit confusing? No?

Advertisement