Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Podcast

• 19-05-2008 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Chris Moyles and Jonathan Ross are worth a listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Tony Kornheiser on 3wt,american sports guy who tackles news,sports and politics in an irreverant way.Worth a listen.
    Any of the radio 4 podcasts are great

Cant go wrong with fighting talk..very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

second for fighting talk. best show on radio by far.

some like him and some hate him but personally i'm a big fan of chris moyles' podcast. i also listen to matt and jo from fox fm in melbourne and if you're a football fan then the guardian's football weekly is a must listen.

raven136 if you like tony kornheiser then you can get an audio podcast of pardon the interruption which he presents on espn. they also to around the horn which is the show fighting talk is based on. they're both sports ones.

i also listen to the lost initiative from sky one because i'm a fan of the show and the anderson tapes from the daily telegraph which can be funny.

i'm not a podcast nerd!! just an irish guy living in sweden (for the next week) who does a lot of walking and travelling so podcasts are a must for me to listen to 'radio' when i'm out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For funny podcasts, listen to:

Nobody Likes Onions
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Nobody Likes Onions (commonly abbreviated to NLO) is an American Internet radio show created and hosted by stand-up comedian Patrick Melton. The hosts address humorous events in their lives, and they also satirize current events, pop culture, other podcasts and even the show's fans. NLO's tagline is "It's like taking a cold shower in sarcasm."

NLO broadcasts live shows online at various dates and times. Episodes of the podcast, which include both recordings of live shows as well as pre-recorded podcast-specific shows, are released approximately three times a week. The show is consistently ranked as one of the highest rated shows on Podcast Alley. The show was nominated for two Podcast Awards in both 2006 and 2007 (Best Produced and Best Comedy in 2006 / People's Choice and Best Comedy in 2007), and won the Best Comedy Award in 2007[1]. NLO has also been featured on SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

Red Bar Radio
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Red Bar Radio is an American Internet radio show hosted by Mike D.

The format was that of a call-in talk show, with topics ranging from pop culture to current events. The topics of interest are talked about and branched off of with a very strong sarcastic tone of humor. The host, Mike D, along with special co-host comedians, broadcast the show from Chicago, Illinois. It was the first Internet talk show to be put on syndicated radio.[1]

The shows' tagline is "We Make Fun of Everybody."[2]

Both can be quite politically incorrect and crude.. but hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I second around the horn and pti for anyone with even a passing interest in u.s. sports or major sports stories.Genuis ideas and woddy paige is always worth a listen for comedy value.
    the stephen fry podcast is great and the kevin smith smodcast is very good but you would have to be a fan to enjoy it.
    The Guardian weekly one is very informative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

PTI
    ATH
    Football Today

All of the above are ESPN, the top 2 are general sports, Football Today just NFL. Very worthwhile listening if you have an interest in US sports, quite funny at times too...

I also have the Ian Dempsey Breakfast show for gift grub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 WeAreBohs

Definitely the guardian's Football weekly is a must listen to. Its now Euro 2008 daily though. They will have a podcast everyday throughout Euro 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

RTÉ Radio 1's Sunday morning history programme.... What If?

Diarmuid Ferriter and a panel discuss what might have happened in Irish history if a particular event had not occurred.

Topics such as.... What if Christy Moore had not left his bank job? What if Peter Robinson was sent to jail for "invading" Clontibret in 1986? What if Ryanair went titsup in 1991? And also what if various leaders had lived on, such as Collins, Parnell etc.

Podcast link on website...
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/whatif/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

WeAreBohs wrote: »
    Definitely the guardian's Football weekly is a must listen to. Its now Euro 2008 daily though. They will have a podcast everyday throughout Euro 2008.

+1 - contains banter, God-awful puns and loads of football trivia.

Eamon Dunphy's conversations too, if the guest seems in any way decent.

BBC 4's 'From Our Correspondent...' can be good if you have an interest in the topic.

The Economist do one which is basically a round up of their leading articles for the week, can be handy if you like the magazine but couldn't be arsed reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I like the Adam and Joe Show - their old xfm shows are still on itunes, and they also have some new BBC shows. They are a bit silly and not in the vein of Ricky Gervais et al as such - but their review of R. Kelly's "In The Closet" is without a doubt the funniest thing I heard last year.

Also look for NPR Story Of The Day - http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=14537860 - a 5 minute news item which is usually quite off the beaten track...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Mark Kermode film reviews on the Simon Mayo podcast on BBC 5 live!

Hilarious, informative and ranting. Available on vodcast too i think- but really enjoyable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Thumpette wrote: »
    Mark Kermode film reviews on the Simon Mayo podcast on BBC 5 live!

Hilarious, informative and ranting. Available on vodcast too i think- but really enjoyable!
    +1

"Dear Sonny and Cher....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I miss the Ricky Gervais ones...:(

Check out www.rickygervais.com for details of the final podcast!!

It's this week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

WeAreBohs wrote: »

+2
    James Richardson is a legend!

Guardian Daily too for your daily update of news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

subscribed to 'Fighting talk' and '2 jacks in a hole'
    both very good
    thanks for recommending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

http://www.filmspotting.net/

A friend of mine based in Chicago has this wildly successful film review site/podcast.

If you are a film buff, I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

The Bugle with John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman is well worth a listen:
    www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/audio_video/podcasts/the_bugle/

First podcast in a while i have actually listened to on a regular basis, very very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zebulon

The one's I'm subscribed to are:
    Adam Curry's Daily Source Code - Chats about randon stuff happening in the world on a daily basic... Great listening!

Dawn & Drew Show - A podcast from two ex gutter punks who fall in love, buy a retired farm in southeast Wisconsin and tell the world their dirty secrets… always profane, rarely profound.

Russell Brand - Say No More... Hilarious!

No Agenda - Just as the name says... John C. Dvorak & Adam Curry talking for an hour about randomness. Interesting and funny at the best of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

www.podcasts.ie has over 130 podcasts featuring Irish writers, mythology and cultural stuff

Advertisement