Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price Quoted is Nett

Options
  • 19-05-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Does it bother anyone else here that the price quoted is not the price they are actually looking for the car ?

"PRICE QUOTED IS NETT PRICE AND INCLUDES E2000 TRADE IN, BONUS/SCRAPPAGE ALLOWANCE"

A certain dealership in the south east is particularly guilty of this mis-representation.

Perhaps we could get a list of the offenders together here and start an email campaign to annoy them into stopping ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

At least they mention it in the add and don't just hit you with a shedload of "ifs & buts" once you've taken the bait and show up on their doorstep, wiling to buy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's misleading advertising ok. Director of Consumer Affairs might sort this out, if you are sufficiently interested in making a formal complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

It's misleading advertising ok. Director of Consumer Affairs might sort this out, if you are sufficiently interested in making a formal complaint.

eh....

I might just email carzone - not sure I'm that put out by it -I will just avoid cars advertised by them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Does it bother anyone else here that the price quoted is not the price they are actually looking for the car ?

"PRICE QUOTED IS NETT PRICE AND INCLUDES E2000 TRADE IN, BONUS/SCRAPPAGE ALLOWANCE"

A certain dealership in the south east is particularly guilty of this mis-representation.

Perhaps we could get a list of the offenders together here and start an email campaign to annoy them into stopping ?

Am I right in reading that the price is €2000 more if you dont trade in? Surely adding €2000 onto the price is not that difficult a calculation? It's hardly misleading really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It is if you are comparing prices to narrow down a selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

*Kol* wrote: »
    Am I right in reading that the price is €2000 more if you dont trade in? Surely adding €2000 onto the price is not that difficult a calculation? It's hardly misleading really.

Its a pain when you've a budget and only click on a link because a car fits within it only to find out its not.

The price of the car should be advertised with no gimmickry - it's up to you to negotiate after that.
    its fairly underhand thats why they stopped the airlines doing it !

Advertisement