Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cyber Games 2008

• 19-05-2008 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Details for the Irish qualifiers for WCG 2008 have finally been announced. These will be held at The Digital Hub in Dublin on the 6th & 7th of September. The games* for this year's qualifiers will be:

FIFA '08 - PC - 1v1 - rules
    Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne - PC - 1v1 - Rules
    Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360 - 1v1 - Rules
    Halo 3 - Xbox 360 - 4v4 - Rules

The WCG 2008 world finals will be held from 5th to the 9th of November in Cologne, Germany. Any entrants into the irish qualifiers will need to be available for these dates. If you win your competition at the Irish qualifiers all flights and hotel will be paid for.

Signups** for the event are on LanParty.ie. There will be an entry fee of €20 for the event.

There will also be other competitions in Call of Duty 4 (PC), Counter Strike Source (PC) and many more. Prizes are to be confirmed for these.

www.WorldCyberGames.com
    www.LanParty.ie

*The games are chosen by a poll which was in place on the main WCG website earlier this year.

**All entrants into the WCG qualifiers must be at least 18 years old. There will be other competitions on the day were you do not have to be 18 but for those wishing to enter the above competitions, 18+ only. You will also be required to present a valid passport (yours and not anyone elses ;)) on the day of the qualifier. as you will need this to travel to Germany.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

shtuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

lol you have to born before 2002, hardly thought 6 year olds would be up for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cant bloody wait!

I reckon there should be alot of intrest for Halo 3, should be a good comp.

Whos going guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Great, looking forward to the event. Would love to see Guitar Hero 3 as an event, especially an official event. There are lot of talented heroes in Ireland. Would draw a lot of publicity too. It's more recognisable to the masses.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Do you need to bring an xbox and tv to the event??

Wish it was Forza rather then PGR but... *shrug*...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nope, i was there in year 1 - this is year 3 - and there were tv's and xboxes there to play on.

i think you may need to bring controllers though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Great, looking forward to the event. Would love to see Guitar Hero 3 as an event, especially an official event. There are lot of talented heroes in Ireland. Would draw a lot of publicity too. It's more recognisable to the masses.

agree with you completely. guitar hero 3 would be great but TBH it's not gonna happen anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

miju wrote: »
    agree with you completely. guitar hero 3 would be great but TBH it's not gonna happen anytime soon

erm... its happening in September:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

DeVore wrote: »
    Do you need to bring an xbox and tv to the event??

Wish it was Forza rather then PGR but... *shrug*...

DeV.

The past 2 years, the Xbox 360 side of things has been run by the Xbox Live Cafe. This now shut down so I'm not sure what's going to happen with that side of things, I'm sure the competition admin are looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

any other Halo 3 players lookin to team up for the upcommin event???

Tbh im ****in brill but wudnt mind someone coverin my back.... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

i was wondering do you have to book in advance or can you just show up and get a ticket/enter the tourney there.Can you enter in more than one game as well..this will be my first time there...:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You're as well off to pre-register Fol, just makes things a lot easier :) However, I'm sure they won't send you home if you arrive on the day!

Yeah probably better to just signup in advance tbh.

1 month to go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Logo.gif

The signups for this years WCG / GameOn event are going to close on Saturday 23rd August.

If you want to guarantee your spot in the competition and/or at the LAN you need to sign up before the close off. If you are not signed up, you can still turn up on the day, but unfortunately your place will not be guaranteed and free spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

This years WCG team in Germany will be playing the following:

• Warcraft3 (PC)
    • FIFA08 (PC)
    • HALO3 (xBox 360)
    • PGR4 (xBox 360)

This is your final chance to register your interest in taking part and playing for your spot on the team.

If you are not interested in taking part in the WCG aspect, you can come along for the 24hr LAN where we will cater for both xBox and PC users by offering one of the best networks in Ireland along with a super fast internet connection for lag free online gaming. We will be running a few competitions for the LAN attendees with prizes on offer (full comp and prize list will be announced later). So far we can confirm a COD4 and a CounterStrike Source competition with more in the pipeline

For more information see the WCG Ireland site at http://www.worldcybergamesireland.com
    and for event signup go to http://www.lanparty.ie/lans.php?id=75

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Next year I'm entering this. Then again depends on the games Fifa 09 I guess will be one of them.
    I'm saying I'll enter for years now, you'd think heats would be held up and down the country, even Dublin and Cork wouldn't be too bad.

There were heats in Dublin, Cork and Limerick (I was reffing the Limerick one). This news had been posted as far as I know.

I'm new to boards.ie. So I and have been moving house and without Broad band for a few months. So I was out of touch with the whole gaming scene. Where in Limerick did they take place???

We ran a PGR qualifier at the Gamestop (one of the sponsors) in the Crescent Shopping centre.

Damn. And I was living about 2 minutes from there, and my misses works in the crescent. I go into gamestop all the time. Then again I useless a PGR!!! lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement