Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaming in CoV or I soooo looonely.....

Options
  • 19-05-2008 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I like the team system in teh CoX games, as a hero I can pretty much guarantee a team up option each time I play , sometimes good, sometimes not so good but quite often you get into a team with higher level team mates and you still get to work well (sidekick etc).

Not so in CoV: some lower level alts (lvl 4 MM (merc/dev) , lvl 2 (!) stalker) have had team ups with almost full teams all of the same level. however, my lvl17 mastermind (bots/ff) has yet to find a team. every now and then I get a request from a lvl 3 or 4 saying "can i be team wiv yoo" , did it once ,never again. level diff was too great and the "younger"player literally just hid behind the bots and did nothing (which , lets face it, is my job!).

So, how do others get teams in CoV ? Are CoV players more clannish than CoH ? Are they just playing in character ? So far Melvin has solo'ed up to 17 with a 4 level drought of contacts which has finally been rectified!. But I like the team work in CoH and I enjoyed the teams in CoV with the lower level alts.

Anyone else a bit annoyed that the power proliferation in Issue 12 didnt turn up more pets for masterminds ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Contact either Monster Bru or Max Powerz and ask about joining their SGs (both are coalitioned anyway so doesn't really matter which), you'll never want for a team again.

Yup, was hoping to see some new MM primary pets too, but i12 will still have me rejoin the game for a while just to check things out (pretty much been playing other games since about spring last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I've not had too much problems in finding teams .. I generally get a few tells each time I'm on, asking if I want to team.

If you're on Union I can probably help you out to some extent, but at present I'm working on leveling my L41 MM up to 50 so I can get the new villain goodies when i12 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm currently knocking around on Defiant. must give union a go (defiant seems a bit sparsely populated these day. maybe its people saving up their game time for I12)....

I spoke too soon. was invited onto a team last night. Fire corruptor (20), ice corruptor (19) , MM bot/dev (19) and me MM bot/ff (17).

Absolutely walked through the missions , apart from one (destroy the D-rift) which had loads of red and purples (for me) blood widows, fortunata and mu's as well as lost, circle and a few clockwork. Firepower from the 4 man team was ..... impressive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Try a team with 6 MMs some time .. just don't expect to actually be able to see anything on the screen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I got sick of trawling for teams on the UK servers so I switched to Freedom, not a problem there let me tell you, Blue or Red Side. Although now I have 50ed my Ice/Kin corr the Farm requests never end!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. Defiant is horrible... especially for City of Villains.

I transferred my main Villain over to Union and don't have too much trouble finding a team any more.

yeah, tempted to move the malevolent mechanical Melvin over to onion as well. Hard enough to find a team, let alone an active SG that is willing to arrange SF runs.... also, sharkhead is boring solo.....

Advertisement