Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

anything?will have another 300 to spend on it in 3 months so looking for options aswell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

How much are you spending? maybe its too late now but you could probably get a PC almost twice as fast from hardwareversand.de (who would also build it for you) at the same cost

The 8600GT 256 is a slow card
    The samsung 500 gb or 750 gb harddrive would be better/faster

Just go to www.hardwareversand.de change to english and use the PC configurator, through in a quad core 6700 (great value) and a 8800GT and see if its cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

hi thanks for the reply..

Ye i was thinking about that, but since ill probably only have this graphics card for bout 4 months (it cost 60 quid) i didnt want to splash too much on it. I plan on getting the 8800GTX when i get a bit of funds up.

as far as the Q6600 vs the Q6700 from Harwareversand, i can only pay by credit card so i went with overclockers (a mate told me they give you a better reivision of the Q6600, G0??) Anyway its gona be overclocked so im ot too disheartened about not getting the 6700.

Do you know of any other graphics cards that you reckon will be in the 300 euro price range in say 3-4 months? I plan on upgrading and giving the one i have to the parents.

thanks
    neil

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

New cards from ATI and nVidia next month from the sounds of it and they should be beasts.....expensive but hopefully will be good! Get saving cause im guessing 500 quid for the top end one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

as far as the Q6600 vs the Q6700 from Harwareversand, i can only pay by credit card so i went with overclockers (a mate told me they give you a better reivision of the Q6600, G0??) Anyway its gona be overclocked so im ot too disheartened about not getting the 6700.

Q6700 has a multiplier of 10, its very useful if you have a motherboard that cant do a high fsb, your mobo is quite good so it doesnt really affect you.

You should clear 3.20ghz without any increase in volt on that combination..

Do you know of any other graphics cards that you reckon will be in the 300 euro price range in say 3-4 months? I plan on upgrading and giving the one i have to the parents.

thanks
    neil

Nvidia's big hitters GTX280 and GTX260 will be a good bit over €300 imo, on paper they look to be twice as fast as previous high end ( 8800GTX, 8800GTS 640mb )

Ati will be releasing new cards at the end of next month too and the HD4700 with ddr5 looks a great card for money...

http://www.hardware-infos.com/news.php?news=2075

When you get the new card you will have a very nice set up, good job

• Advertisement
Advertisement