Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildflower meadow

Options
  • 19-05-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've got a tub of wild meadow flower seed mix (without leguminous seeds) which is supposed to be sown between mid-April and late May. I haven't done any ground preparation and when I do, I want to do it without weedkiller by rotavating and then weeding a few times.

If I did that now I'm sure it would be late summer / early autumn before the weeds are are all eradicated. Would that be too late to sow the seed mix I have i.e. it states on the packet to be sown by mid April to late May.

I did also consider rotavating it now and leaving it until next April/May to sow OR doing nothing until next march, say.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement