Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle ideas

Options
  • 19-05-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

As you might have noticed, (if you haven't turn off your banner blocker!) I am organising the Ninja Karaoke & Beers night at the end of the month. I am trying to sort out a raffle to raise more money. Has anyone any good ideas for companies to approach for donations? Or do you have any good prizes you can donate?

I am offering a free disco/karaoke, and maybe some other prizes. I would ideally like some drink type prizes, maybe a meal at a restuarant/hotel, or anything else you can think of.

*Mods, feel free to move this*

Thanks

DJ Spider :cool:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sounds like a good idea alright.

You could also do a Boardsie slave for a day auction for charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

So you offering yourself then rb? Shall we start the bidding at say, €1.50? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ask dev for some of those legal letters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

+1 for the letters

And also vouchers for restaurants, shops etc. I'm sure that if you send out a pile of emails some will get back to you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mod for a day on your forum of choice auction :D

• Advertisement

1 "Get unbanned for free" card

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    So you offering yourself then rb? Shall we start the bidding at say, €1.50? :eek:
    I'll be out of the country for the night itself so I don't think I could participate tbh. Also, I'd fear for my own safety as I'm sure someone like Degsy would re-mortgage his house in an attempt to get control of me for a day;)

The legal letters is a good idea too
    As is the "get unbanned for free card"
    "Two week siteban for a user of your choice" would go down well too I'd imagine
    The ability to approve a forum suggestion of your choice

etc etc are all good things that could be raffled and provided by boards for no cost really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What about "Put a Deluded,Unemployed,Arrogant,Egocentric Halfwit in the stocks and throw stuff at him all night".50 cent for a head of cabbage,1 euro for a potato and a fiver for a fist-sized lump of granite.
    2660127.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=6E41E83E90A345BDCEF94D45F4E1AFA9A55A1E4F32AD3138

Degsy wrote: »
    What about "Put a Deluded,Unemployed,Arrogant,Egocentric Halfwit in the stocks and throw stuff at him all night".50 cent for a head of cabbage,1 euro for a potato and a fiver for a fist-sized lump of granite.
    2660127.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=6E41E83E90A345BDCEF94D45F4E1AFA9A55A1E4F32AD3138
    volunteering? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mod of the Soccer and Soccer Mods forums, and an invinsible member from bans.
    "I'll buy a hundred!!" :)

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    volunteering? :pac:
    Wow, he's still stalking me around the website, despite me posting a "cease and desist" post on a thread on AH (see sig).

F*ck putting him in stocks, Nerin, that guy needs to be locked in a room with padded walls and fed pills until he comes back to normality.

Degsy, if it weren't for Nerin quoting that post I as usual wouldn't have seen it, please re-read the post linked in my sig. You have a problem and you need help, you won't find that help online so I would suggest going to your GP for a recommendation. For the second (and hopefully last) time, please stop following me around this website and replying to my posts and talking about me. I don't want anything to do with you, and your e-stalking is, again, becoming quite worrying. I'll be contacting an smod/admin if you persist, this is the last time I'm asking and for your own good you should go and get some help. Do not reply to this as I have no interest in interacting with you, take my advice on Board and log off for a while, it will do you some good.

Cheers,

Rb.

Sorry,i have rb on ignore so i dont know what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sorry,i have rb on ignore so i dont know what he said.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    Wow, he's still stalking me around the website, despite me posting a "cease and desist" post on a thread on AH (see sig).

F*ck putting him in stocks, Nerin, that guy needs to be locked in a room with padded walls and fed pills until he comes back to normality.

Degsy, if it weren't for Nerin quoting that post I as usual wouldn't have seen it, please re-read the post linked in my sig. You have a problem and you need help, you won't find that help online so I would suggest going to your GP for a recommendation. For the second (and hopefully last) time, please stop following me around this website and replying to my posts and talking about me. I don't want anything to do with you, and your e-stalking is, again, becoming quite worrying. I'll be contacting an smod/admin if you persist, this is the last time I'm asking and for your own good you should go and get some help. Do not reply to this as I have no interest in interacting with you, take my advice on Board and log off for a while, it will do you some good.

Cheers,

Rb.

Your welcome.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Your welcome.

Thanks.What a complet prat.he thinks the world revolves around him to the extent that i'd be stalking him around the site.If anybody should be reported to an smod its him,an abusive,petty little creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Your welcome.

You're only encouraging them.

Anyway if I've learned anything from TV it's that when two people appear to hate each other so much, usually the opposite is true. It usually comes to a head in a heated slagging match which then turns to kissing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

javaboy wrote: »
    You're only encouraging them.

Anyway if I've learned anything from TV it's that when two people appear to hate each other so much, usually the opposite is true. It usually comes to a head in a heated slagging match which then turns to kissing.

+1
    Definite sexual tension

Thanks.What a complet prat.he thinks the world revolves around him to the extent that i'd be stalking him around the site.If anybody should be reported to an smod its him,an abusive,petty little creep.
    Degsy wrote:
    "Put a Deluded,Unemployed,Arrogant,Egocentric Halfwit in the stocks and throw stuff at him all night".50 cent for a head of cabbage,1 euro for a potato and a fiver for a fist-sized lump of granite.

pot_kettle_black.jpg

actually, id pay money to see them slug it out. ufc style.2 men enter, one man leaves, then another man leaves after being declared the victor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

pot_kettle_black.jpg

actually, id pay money to see them slug it out. ufc style.2 men enter, one man leaves, then another man leaves after being declared the victor

men?a tad too much artistic licence there :D:D

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Lol. However, let's not incite anything. I've already stated I want nothing to do with him, he's fully aware I've had him on ignore for months now yet he's followed me from thread to thread making comments about me, or talking about me in other threads. He has an obsession, one that he needs help with, help which noone on boards has the legal right to be giving him.
    It may be funny but encouraging him is not the way forward, as a community we should aim to get him the help he needs. It's clear the main problems are an obsessive disorder and an anger management problem, both can be treated with drugs and therapy so in future I'd ask the community to encourage him to seek the help he needs, rather than feeding his problems.

"The community".That made me laugh.One of the most unpopular people on boards claims to speak for the majority.Delusion on a grand scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Down with this sort of thing.

Edit: Oh btw, I taught you had him on ignore, you must have found the 'View Post' button...
    And I wouldn't exactly call a Mod unpopular, but carry on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

I love the random sh1te boards throws up every now and then.

RB V Degsy......

lol

I can laugh at it and I will. Go moi.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah now, dont be saying those things about yourself! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

After re reading the thread DJ Spider = the New 6th.

Dear God what a suck and clean your a$$ merchant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well aren't you grouchers and stirrers great fellows, pissing and moaning on what is a thread started to try and do a bit of good in the world.

Twats :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

On that note, what cause is this night out for?

It's for the Santa Strike Force. This is where a group of us get together, before Christmas and distribute toys etc., to hospitals, charities and the like.

A worthy cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cool, I know about SSF, but didn't know that this was part of it.

Best of luck DJ_Spider. Perhaps rb and degsey can do a punch and judy show for the kids.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've already stated I want nothing to do with him

Really.
    he's fully aware I've had him on ignore for months now yet he's followed me from thread to thread making comments about me, or talking about me in other threads. He has an obsession, one that he needs help with, help which noone on boards has the legal right to be giving him.
    It may be funny but encouraging him is not the way forward, as a community we should aim to get him the help he needs. It's clear the main problems are an obsessive disorder and an anger management problem, both can be treated with drugs and therapy so in future I'd ask the community to encourage him to seek the help he needs, rather than feeding his problems.

Because it doesn't sound like it to me.

• Advertisement

Well, I only got involved last year (with herself, junkyard and ned78), and we drew up battle plans for a Cork invasion :)

It was a great buzz, and with the likes of DJ Spider on the case driving things on, next year could prove even better.

Ah AC, let them feck off to PM :)

Advertisement