Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle ideas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Really.

Because it doesn't sound like it to me.

That would be explaining the situation I'd have thought tbh :)
    Well, I only got involved last year (with herself, junkyard and ned78), and we drew up battle plans for a Cork invasion :)

It was a great buzz, and with the likes of DJ Spider on the case driving things on, next year could prove even better.

The SSF is a great cause and the more support it gets, the better. I'm thinking of donating something to the raffle, will know by the end of the week-ish.

I still think the ideas I outlined above would be good things to raffle off, God knows some people would do anything for a bit of power around here, eh ;)
    Ah AC, let them feck off to PM :)

Hellllllll nooooo.

I mean, no thank you.

Well aren't you grouchers and stirrers great fellows, pissing and moaning on what is a thread started to try and do a bit of good in the world.

Twats :mad:
    Honestly, if he just stopped following me around the website and took my advice then this wouldn't keep popping up. Maybe a bit of a slap on the wrist is in order, who knows, but it's easily prevented if one party just stfu's and p1sses off tbh.

Apologies for bringing it into this thread though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

for those of us who don't know either of you, there's no distinction between you and degsy.

something to think about maybe.

tbh wrote: »
    for those of us who don't know either of you, there's no distinction between you and degsy.

something to think about maybe.
    Well, I'll put it this way. We've had conflicts, I "washed my hands" of him and stuck him on ignore. He then kept posting about me, replying to my posts, registering other accounts to get around the ignore specifically to abuse me etc etc. This all ended, or so I thought it had, until I saw he was posting in a lot of threads I was and saw his posts being quoted, where he was still replying to my posts despite knowing he was on ignore, making snide comments etc. So today, I've officially asked him to f*ck off and stop posting about me, replying to my posts with his crap etc. i.e to just leave it. Yet he hasn't, hence why it's being dragged around Boards, because he keeps following me from thread to thread bringing this shíte up. I have him on ignore, that should be the end of it and you'd think any rational person would just consider not continuing with it, yet he won't stop.

I've posted in two threads telling him to give it a rest etc or I'll be taking it to an smod/admin as it's nothing short of e-stalking, it's as though he's searching for my posts to reply to etc. So hopefully, whatever part of him is still sane/rational (which there has to be otherwise he'd probably be booted out of his job) will realise that it's time to stfu and stop harrassing me on this website. It's bizarre, obsessive behaviour. I mean, he went through that trip report, all 36 pages of it, to try and find something to use against me and I'm sick of it.

Oh and if you want a distinction, I don't post topless pictures of myself in the KYN thread :D

At least I contribute to discussions, he seems to go from thread to thread looking for trouble, as though The Thunderdome isn't enough for him. Many will confirm this, he also seems to have it in for 6th.

I would sincerely hope I'm not seen in the same light as Degsy tbh.

Anyway, I really, really want this to be the end of it. I don't want some weirdo following me from thread to thread trying to pick arguments with me in the hope someone will quote his posts and I'll see it. It's being going on for a ridiculous amount of time now and I'm quite frankly sick of it. I've no intention of discussing it with him via pm, as there's nothing to discuss as far as I'm concerned. If I can't get him to stop this f*cking stalking , I'll have to get the admins involved, which is something I really don't want to have to do as they've far better things to be doing with their time than dealing with some petty argument amongst posters, that's what the mods are for afterall but when it's going on through multi-fora then a problem arises.

Anyway, again, apologies for bringing this up in-thread, it's really not the place to be dealing with it.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Well, I'll put it this way. We've had conflicts, I "washed my hands" of him and stuck him on ignore. He then kept posting about me, replying to my posts, registering other accounts to get around the ignore specifically to abuse me etc etc. This all ended, or so I thought it had, until I saw he was posting in a lot of threads I was and saw his posts being quoted, where he was still replying to my posts despite knowing he was on ignore, making snide comments etc. So today, I've officially asked him to f*ck off and stop posting about me, replying to my posts with his crap etc. i.e to just leave it. Yet he hasn't, hence why it's being dragged around Boards, because he keeps following me from thread to thread bringing this shíte up. I have him on ignore, that should be the end of it and you'd think any rational person would just consider not continuing with it, yet he won't stop.

honestly, if this involved me and roundy, say, would you care who started it and how it started? who cares dude.
    you just wrote a massive post having a pop at degsy. How can you think he wouldn't want to react to that?

if you're as serious as you say about not caring, then just stop talking about it.

• Advertisement

That's beautiful.

So back to the raffle, any more ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

degsy wrote:
    stuff
    rb_ie wrote:
    more stuff
    amp wrote:
    AAAAAARRRGGGGG SHUT THE **** UP! SHUT THE **** UP! ****ING SHUT THE ****ING SHUT UP! WA WA SAME ****ING **** OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND SHUT THE **** UP STFU

STFU!!!
    tbh

Myth wrote: »
    So back to the raffle, any more ideas?

There's enough businesses on Boards that I'm sure some can chip in something to it, might it be worth dropped those in Komplett a pm and see if they could contribute?

I'm sure I can donate at least a bottle of wine or something to the pot anyway

So, so far (just to have a full list so far) the list of ideas is:
    free disco/karaoke
    legal letters
    vouchers for restaurants, shops etc
    Mod for a day on your forum of choice
    1 "Get unbanned for free" card
    As is the "get unbanned for free card"
    "Two week siteban for a user of your choice" would go down well too I'd imagine
    The ability to approve a forum suggestion of your choice

honestly, if this involved me and roundy, say, would you care who started it and how it started? who cares dude.

I'd take your side 'cause he's mean :( and you're nice and present the podcast well.

Vouchers and things could be problematic for the winner if they happen to be in Dublin just for the night, so may not be the best of ideas. Same with the "slave for a day" thing. Good ideas, but just perhaps not practical. I know it limits things, but perhaps it might be better to keeps prizes boards-centric? Or at least location neutral.

I'd be happy to donate a years subscription for a winner if the admins, etc are ok with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I know amp did something like this before-but a good idea deserves a second airing.

I'm willing to auction my tagline, sig, and username to the highest bidder, who gets to decide the content of all three for a period of time to be defined (I'm thinking a week?)

Note: I'm not giving my account away-DeV would have my ass in a sling if I gifted someone siteban abilities.

Is this a worthy raffle item, or would anybody be bothered?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't know if these are the types of prizes you are looking for, but I would be happy to put in a couple of bottles of wine.

Vouchers and things could be problematic for the winner if they happen to be in Dublin just for the night, so may not be the best of ideas. Same with the "slave for a day" thing. Good ideas, but just perhaps not practical. I know it limits things, but perhaps it might be better to keeps prizes boards-centric? Or at least location neutral.

I'd be happy to donate a years subscription for a winner if the admins, etc are ok with it.
    This is very true and I hadn't thought of that.

The Boards-centric ideas still remain good though, such the ones I suggested i.e getting the approval of a forum of your choice etc

A years subscription is a great idea too, as is roundys idea of auctioning his tagline/username to the highest bidder. The only problem is some things would be much more beneficial for the charity as an auctionable item for example, mod of a forum of your choice for a day, people would be willing to bid higher than the price of a raffle ticket for that, whilst the subscription for a year would be great as a raffle item.

It's always possible to have two separate things.

One raffle with a few subscriptions donated, wine bottles/baskets etc and then an auction for things like control of usernames, moderatorship for a day, approval of a forum of your choice etc. I'd happily donate a quarter sub or something, couldn't commit to a full year sub as I've holidays to pay off that are coming up but I think evening having a sub for 3 months for the price of a raffle ticket would be a decent prize alright.

It'd come down to the organisers and there's still plenty of time left to organise both tbh, but it's their call at the end of the day.

I know amp did something like this before-but a good idea deserves a second airing.

I'm willing to auction my tagline, sig, and username to the highest bidder, who gets to decide the content of all three for a period of time to be defined (I'm thinking a week?)

Note: I'm not giving my account away-DeV would have my ass in a sling if I gifted someone siteban abilities.

Is this a worthy raffle item, or would anybody be bothered?

;)
    I was thinking of maybe letting the rb_ie account out to auction for a week but thought about the sheer havok one could cause with it. Nothing to the extent of your account but Christ, if someone who didn't like me got control of the account they could really go nuts with it.

rb_ie wrote: »
    I was thinking of maybe letting the rb_ie account out to auction for a week but thought about the sheer havok one could cause with it. Nothing to the extent of your account but Christ, if someone who didn't like me got control of the account they could really go nuts with it.

Aye, I wouldn't go giving away an account tbh.

When you've three years/x amount of posts tied up in it, it becomes you almost, if you know what I mean.

No one's getting my house, but they get to paint it for a week with slogans of their choice, should they so wish ;)

That is, if anyone would want such a thing!

I'll change my avatar to a JL in a man utd shirt for a week for €50. believe me, it would kill me to do it.

No one's getting my house, but they get to paint it for a week with slogans of their choice, should they so wish ;)

KERRY 4 SAM.

Start you off with €150 :)

edit: oh you mean your account, not your actual house :D ok €50, but you have to keep it till Kerry get knocked out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

you just wrote a massive post having a pop at degsy. How can you think he wouldn't want to react to that?

if you're as serious as you say about not caring, then just stop talking about it.

he's bitter and twisted because he was bullying TWO girls in thunderdome and he got his ass handed to him for it.He now thinks i'm stalking him for whatever reason when the plain fact is he posts a lot of bloody rubbish all over the place and it''d be hard NOT to reply to it.In one AF thread he spoke of wishing death on somebody,telling somebody to fcuck thier nmother,going on about somebody else's father and trying to encourage somebody to commit insurance fraud.If ANYBODY had posted such inflammatory tripe they can expect a backlash.It's an absolute miracle he hasnt been site banned and now he's trying to deflect by framing me for "stalking" him.I post in lot of fora,sometimes serious,sometimes less so but the whole site would be better off without this guy.

Back on topic.Howabout a "behind the scenes" trip to baords HQ?Perhaps a day working with the admins to see what sort of stuff they do.

how do we metaphorically chain degsy to rb_ie for a week? I'm pretty confident we could chip in if such a thing could be achieved.

Suggestion 1: degsy and rb to exchange passwords and post as each other for a week.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Back on topic.Howabout a "behind the scenes" trip to baords HQ?Perhaps a day working with the admins to see what sort of stuff they do.

I'm ashamed to say, I'd bid for that.

how do we metaphorically chain degsy to rb_ie for a week? I'm pretty confident we could chip in if such a thing could be achieved.

Suggestion 1: degsy and rb to exchange passwords and post as each other for a week.

It wouldnt fool anybody for a minute.My account would be banned within minutes of him taking it over,he on the other hand would become respected and revered.No dice teebs.How about a "thunderdome challenge" where the regulars on the insult thread pass the mike and the winner is the one who manages to Pwn everybody else.Last man standing sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

How about asking Komplett for a voucher, they have made a lot through boards and might like to give a little back and it would be fine for anyone outside Dublin.

gerky wrote: »
    How about asking Komplett for a voucher, they have made a lot through boards and might like to give a little back and it would be fine for anyone outside Dublin.
    Thats a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am sure a few of the lovely ladies from the Ladies lounge may volunteer to sell kisses on the night. A fiver a kiss?

I tell ya it could turn into a big competition...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

ORDER! ORDER!

I am shocked and disapointed at the replies in this thread. I forgot to subscribe to this thread, and so have only just caught up. At first I saw there was 4 pages of replies and thought lots of you people were offering prizes/ideas. How mistaken I was when I saw to of our 'community' bickering. I appreciate that the matter 'might' have gotten out of hand in one of you're eyes, but posting your disagreements on what is essentially a very important and worthwhile thred is NOT the place to do it.

So my response to BOTH RB AND Degsy is this. The pair of you need to come to some sort of agreement. Either discuss it with an independant mod or slug it out between you via PM or even phone/face to face. Please do not allow yourselves to become silly schoolboys making a big thing over nothing. And certainly don't spoil the forum for others.

Now back to the original topic! I have sent a couple of emails to coca cola, RTE and some other companies, both said they couldn't help, but I wasn't aware there were legal letters we could send. I haven't sent a PM to DeV as he said he was uberbusy! But if anyone has a copy of these can they email them to me? (PM me for my email)

So far I have the following items for a raffle:

Glitter lava lamp
    Bottle of sparkling wine
    Free Disco and/or karaoke night

If anyone else can get things or arrange the ones mentioned, please PM me with details on how it would work. I was thinking of just doing a raffle as that can be done throughout the night so everyone can buy tickets and not have to saty til it's drawn. An auction is a good idea, but maybe we could do it at the next Karaoke night when we get more people or hijack a borads beers! I was going to charge 5Euro for a strip of tickets, is this too much? what do other people think?

Thankyou for listening to my waffle!

DJ Spider

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    I am shocked and disapointed at the replies in this thread. I forgot to subscribe to this thread, and so have only just caught up. At first I saw there was 4 pages of replies and thought lots of you people were offering prizes/ideas. How mistaken I was when I saw to of our 'community' bickering.

Change your display settings to 40 posts per page, so it will only be two pages of bickering!

You also have at least 3 bottles of wine on offer if you look carefully in the middle of the handbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

LOL @ eoin_s I meant when I looked in the forum post list! Well if nothing else I might be able to blank out the bickering with all that wine!

OK.

I'll donate two bottles of champers from O Brien's.

I like this one:http://www.obrienswine.ie/groups.aspx?productid=20466&groupid=4

Will someone take 50 quid from me by Paypal and do the necessary?

• Advertisement

One thing that should probably be noted is that if there's going to be drink raffled, it can't be consumed in the pub where the raffle is being held. (Thought I'd just clarify that :))

Oh, another really easy thing that could be raffled is custom user titles i.e you win a user title in the raffle, scribble down what you'd like it as and then the admins will change it. It's something a lot of people subscribe for so could be a popular thing for the raffle.

Or a custom avatar for that matter.

Advertisement