Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle ideas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's a good idea, set a price and stick with it like.

Prohibitive Dublin bars rules and reg's are a pain though :/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

OK.

I'll donate two bottles of champers from O Brien's.

I like this one:http://www.obrienswine.ie/groups.aspx?productid=20466&groupid=4

Will someone take 50 quid from me by Paypal and do the necessary?
    RoundyMooney, you've just gone up in my estimation by picking out a very good champagne.

[shill]Bauchet rates up there with some of the better known houses at a fraction of the price[/shill]

Some call me dipso, but I prefer to be tarred with having a discerning palate.

;)

It's great value tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Roundy can you PM me? Have details for you.

Sending now DJ.

• Advertisement

Will someone take 50 quid from me by Paypal and do the necessary?

Still hoping someone can assist with this. I can buy them here but getting them up to Dubland will be a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Still hoping someone can assist with this. I can buy them here but getting them up to Dubland will be a pain.
    If you want to lodge it straight into my bank account in the morning I'll take care of it for you.

You're a gentleman.

Can you PM me an a/c (number & name) and a sortcode, and I'll send it on in the morning before I leave (heading for the leaba now)?

Again, thanks, I owe you a pint.

rb, does that mean you WILL be attending? or are you going to get someone to bring it? Also what do people think of the price of tickets? any ideas?

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    rb, does that mean you WILL be attending? or are you going to get someone to bring it? Also what do people think of the price of tickets? any ideas?
    I won't be attending(going to France that morning), I was hoping to drop it over to you or another Boardsie in the next few days, if that would suit? I'll drop over Roundy's bottles and a bottle of white that I'll be contributing myself. I can give it to Agent Smith either if that suits as I'm sure he'll be attending, but I'll 100% have it in the hands of either yourself or someone who'll definitely be there by mid-week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Here's one that Roundy might be able to help with. How about until the raffle takes place, The Santa Strike Force get first call on anything put on the Freebies section of adverts.ie. Every now and then someone sticks up a half decent telly or something. A quick spit shine and then they could be raffled off as new :D

No probs, best give it to smithy! he has already marked in the poll he will be attending. Thanks again, rb. Also can you try and sort out the other ideas you mentioned? Oh and hope you weren't too offended by my prev post about you and 'him' LOL

PM received, thanks again rb, and apologies to all if I was harsh earlier.

Regarding ticket prices, well lets add up the prizes first

Two bottles of Champagne
    1 bottle of white wine
    free disco/karaoke
    A bottle of sparkling wine
    I believe aidan_walsh said he'd stick a one year sub for boards in the kitty too
    Two bottles of wine from Eoin_S

Possible prizes that have to get the go ahead but can easily be provided by Boards
    legal letters
    Mod for a day on your forum of choice
    1 "Get unbanned for free" card
    The ability to approve a forum suggestion of your choice
    A custom avatar (or a few, depending on how many the admins would allow)
    A custom user title (same as above, the number is up to the admins)

Don't forget my sparkling wine!

javaboy wrote: »
    Here's one that Roundy might be able to help with. How about until the raffle takes place, The Santa Strike Force get first call on anything put on the Freebies section of adverts.ie. Every now and then someone sticks up a half decent telly or something. A quick spit shine and then they could be raffled off as new :D

It's worth thinking about.

Off the top of my head, we'd need the donater to agree (which of course should be optional). As most of the stuff comes up in Dublin, a nominated person to receive the goods (possibly someone else to store them), as well as the person donating to mention in the ad that that person, on behalf of SSF gets first dibs.

A sticky on the category would be a good way to get the message across, and the person nominated would need to be online daily in order to confirm acceptance.

Perhaps a bit late to implement now for this event, but something along the lines of a charity auction a couple of times a year in conjunction with boards beers may be a runner.

It certainly has potential I think. I'll help in any way I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

rb_ie wrote: »
    Regarding ticket prices, well lets add up the prizes first

Two bottles of Champagne
    1 bottle of white wine
    free disco/karaoke
    I believe aidan_walsh said he'd stick a one year sub for boards in the kitty too

Possible prizes that have to get the go ahead but can easily be provided by Boards
    legal letters

Am I also on ignore, or is my offer of two bottles of wine no good?

Don't forget my sparkling wine!
    eoin_s wrote: »
    Am I also on ignore, or is my offer of two bottles of wine no good?

Whoops, sorry lads, missed those(there's a lot of erm, off topic stuff to trawl through:)), amended the list but to copy it here the full list so far is:

Two bottles of Champagne
    1 bottle of white wine
    free disco/karaoke
    A bottle of sparkling wine
    Two bottles of wine from Eoin_S

legal letters

I know it's late and maybe we can continue this tomorrow, but what price should we set the tickets at? and how many? I.E. 5 for €5 or 10 for €9 etc?

I know it's late and maybe we can continue this tomorrow, but what price should we set the tickets at? and how many? I.E. 5 for €5 or 10 for €9 etc?
    Wait until you've a good idea of the amount of people that are coming, and a reasonably target that you'd like to generate for charity.

I.e if 50 are coming and you want to get €200 for charity, charge €4 a ticket etc. Also depends on the number of prizes.

• Advertisement

Good idea rb, I was thinking of getting those cloakroom tickets though, as they are cheap as chips! Anyway I'm offski, take it sleazy and we can continue this tomorrow.

Thaks again for your help and BTW hope your lonelyness forum gets off the ground! Maybe buy some tickets in advance and if you win you can have it! LOL

Good idea rb, I was thinking of getting those cloakroom tickets though, as they are cheap as chips! Anyway I'm offski, take it sleazy and we can continue this tomorrow.

Thaks again for your help and BTW hope your lonelyness forum gets off the ground! Maybe buy some tickets in advance and if you win you can have it! LOL
    My what? I'm very confused right now tbh.

LOL OOPS! late night blonde moment! it wasn't you it was Xavi! Sorry anyway off to recharge brain have a good one and maybe catch you tomorrow?

DJ Spider :cool:

I'm here all day every day tbh. The joys of working at a computer when you're your own boss.

Except the times that I'm not,obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Degsy wrote: »
    Back on topic.Howabout a "behind the scenes" trip to baords HQ?Perhaps a day working with the admins to see what sort of stuff they do.
    Sounds like a boards.ie Jim'll Fix It.. or at very least the magic door on bosco.

As for the raffle I'm sure I can donate an assortment of monkeys from my collection for this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Would it be possible to allow those not attending that by making a donation they would be included in the rafffle?

I don't see why not Keano, if you want to PM me I'll give you my paypal details and then pop your donation in an envelope or make a voucher.

Is anyone near Lily O'Briens in Newbridge? If so can they PM me? They hav offered some boxes of chocolates for our raffle, but it is a bit far for me to go. Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Stay on target

kfcporkins.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

As for the raffle I'm sure I can donate an assortment of monkeys from my collection for this.

I must look into getting an assortment of lizards together to give out as prizes one of these days.

Advertisement