Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle ideas

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not to sure if its much use to you, but I could consider offering 1 nights stay in a B&B/Hotel of the choice? The offer would only be available for B&Bs/Hotels selected on the Discover Tramore website though and would expiry at the end of August (things start to wind down a bit here). Could offer a meal, but that could be awkward to offer. Comments?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sully wrote: »
    Not to sure if its much use to you, but I could consider offering 1 nights stay in a B&B/Hotel of the choice? The offer would only be available for B&Bs/Hotels selected on the Discover Tramore website though and would expiry at the end of August (things start to wind down a bit here). Could offer a meal, but that could be awkward to offer. Comments?
    I am sure someone would get use of it. I know I would if I won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sully wrote: »
    They're both brilliant prizes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Hi Sully, that would be great. I'm sure plenty of people would be greatful winning that. I would offer another prize if the winner couldn't make it though. BTW Keano did you want to make a donation? PM me ok?

RB I am just cooking steak and onion gravy, then will be back online to discuss things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What about allowing non attendees to buy tickets?

• Advertisement

What about allowing non attendees to buy tickets?
    I was thinking about this earlier, the only problem being that if a non-attendee won a prize, there'd be costs incurred in the transfer of the prize. A bottle of wine, for example, won by a poster in cork would cost a bit to mail down with insurance/registration etc.

It'd be a great idea, it'd just be a matter of factoring the potential costs into the ticket prices.

Yep, didn't think of that side of things.

If folk were coming to the Summer beers, perhaps someone could hold their prize for them, assuming it was something that couldn't be stuck in an envelope, like the wine etc.

I is baaaaaccckk! Sorry had to do a few other things. So where we @? I have had replies from Nestle, Coca Cola, RTE, and Lily O' Briens. All but Lily's said they could not give anything. If I can get down to Lily's I can collect some boxes of chocolates or if anyone is near they could collect them.

Roundy your idea has promise, but as RB said delivery would be a problem. I do have one idea, have 2 raffles. One for actual prizes for people who attend, and one for voucher/boards type prizes. That way if we get address details or it can be sent via PM/Email we can get more people buying tickets. I can set up a paypal account for people to buy 'virtual' tickets online if that sounds feasable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Rb wrote: »
    I was thinking about this earlier, the only problem being that if a non-attendee won a prize, there'd be costs incurred in the transfer of the prize. A bottle of wine, for example, won by a poster in cork would cost a bit to mail down with insurance/registration etc.

It'd be a great idea, it'd just be a matter of factoring the potential costs into the ticket prices.

Good thought.

DJ_Spider wrote: »

Roundy your idea has promise, but as RB said delivery would be a problem. I do have one idea, have 2 raffles. One for actual prizes for people who attend, and one for voucher/boards type prizes. That way if we get address details or it can be sent via PM/Email we can get more people buying tickets. I can set up a paypal account for people to buy 'virtual' tickets online if that sounds feasable?

Quite feasible, and workable. Something we can pimp around the site in the lead in.

I can accept paypals from people, once a price is decided. 6th or someone might throw together a sig image for us to get it out there.

I can then send a list of names to you, and paypal whatever I get en masse on the 30th or whatever to share the workload. Assign them numbers at random or whatever (I can do this as well).

Obviously means I won't be in the raffle, but not to worry...

• Advertisement

Excellent, if you send me the paypal payments I will send back confirmation. Then I will list the people who have bought virtual tickets and pick tickets at random through the night. We can then make the draws. One for the big prizes and then for the virtual ones!

My sig is already a bit big, so could I ask anyone who hasn't got a big one, (sig that is!!!!!) to knock one up or notify 6th? Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Excellent, if you send me the paypal payments I will send back confirmation. Then I will list the people who have bought virtual tickets and pick tickets at random through the night. We can then make the draws. One for the big prizes and then for the virtual ones!

My sig is already a bit big, so could I ask anyone who hasn't got a big one, (sig that is!!!!!) to knock one up or notify 6th? Thanks.
    DJ, Will you PM me with your address. I will purchase a One4All voucher and send it up.

no probs keano

The image can link to a post (here, I guess) where I can give people the rundown on how they can take part in the "online" raffle, for want of a better word.

Right so far this is the list of donations and donatees(?)

Keano A Legend: one4all voucher
    Sully: One night in a Tramore B&B/Hotel (possible meal as well TBC)
    DJ_Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke on a date of your choice, Bottle of sparkling wine, Glitter Lava Lamp, special prize for worst singer!
    RoundyMooney: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champers
    eoin_S: 2 X Bottles wine
    aiden_walsh: One year's subscription to boards (TBC)
    Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys
    Rb: Bottle of wine

Any item that can be delivered electronically or posted can have tickets bought for online. Details to follow or PM RoundyMooney.

Anyone else donate anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

aiden_walsh: One year's subscription to boards (TBC)
    (C)

Let's get an image first that we can put in our sigs, suss out a price for the tickets, and we can run from there.

As we're getting the prizes gratis, we don't have to factor in the cost of them.

How does a fiver a ticket sound?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just a reminder my offer comes with conditions:
    The B&B/Hotel must be a member of Discover Tramore (www.discovertramore.ie) and the offer must be taken up before August (if later, I cant guarntee the B&B will be open etc).

The meal.. I just dont know how that could work without it getting very pricy.

That's ok Sully I will make sure it is mentioned in the e-voucher! (good idea eh?) Thanks for confirming aiden, roundy I will send you the ninja pic on my sig, do with it what you will! PM me and I'll sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

how about a €50 voucher for JMD tatoos sound?

• Advertisement

Some to work with until someone comes up with something better?

SSF-raffle.png

Alan, thanks very much. Do you want to PM me the details? Nice start Aidan, I think it will have to be smaller though or sigpo will be after you!

Fiver a ticket sounds good.

This is all coming together quite well!

I agree, we just need people to start buying tickets! Of course I myself will not be able to do so for 3 reasons! 1) I am organising the whole thing, 2) I am donating most of the prizes and 3) I am skint!

*3 might actually be a lie!

If anyone want s to play around with some pics I have for sigs check here http://www.discoroyale.net/ninja1.htm thanks.

Goodnight all

DJ Spider :cool:

Nice one Aidan. If someone could shorten it (as in reduce the height), I'll grab it and turn it into a link this evening.

Otherwise I'll have a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Hmmm.... plenty of prizes popped up since I last looked in.

I'll offer a bottle of whiskey if yous want to add it to the list.

Dang, I confused the dimensions :)

Thanks Ronny will add it to the list. :D

• Advertisement

Ninja Banner:

[PHP]
    Click the Ninja to be in with a chance to win a prize in the Ninja Karaoke Raffle in aid of the Santa Strike Force!
    [/PHP]

The pic provided by Gerky (I like it so much I've adapted it!):

[PHP]
    Click the banner to be in with a chance to win a prize in the Ninja Karaoke Raffle in aid of the Santa Strike Force!

tickets2jp1.jpg
    [/PHP]

Add the code in one of the boxes to your sigs if you wish to promote the raffle. TIA.

Thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055298412

All I need to do now is update it with the "online" prizes.

Yes, I know the sig is now very tall, but it is for a good cause, and will be gone in nine days, kthxbai.

Advertisement