Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle ideas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Rb, I am on da nortsiode! But can get to the city centre easily enough.

I am sorry for any confusion people, but after discussing with the admins this is the final list of prizes:

Prizes so far for the whole raffle (with thanks to the kind sponsors).

More prizes to be added on confirmation. Got to be worth the price of a pint in Temple Bar guys

Keano A Legend: one4all voucher

Sully: One night in a Tramore B&B/Hotel advertised on http://www.discovertramore.ie/

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Glitter Lava Lamp, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champers

eoin_S: 2 X Bottles wine

aiden_walsh: One year's subscription to boards

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys to be offered as several prizes (TBC)

Rb & Pythia: 2 bottles of white wine

Alan Ford: a €50 voucher for JMD tatoos in Waterford

Ronny Mitchell: Bottle of whiskey

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale (http://www.discoroyale.net)

Dublin Pass: 4 x 2 Day Dublin Passes. These Passes entitle the holders to free entry to 30 attractions in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle to name but a few. There are also a number of special offers as well as the Aircoach transfer from the airport to the city.

The Admins have generously donated a very substantial amount to the cause, as well as the following prizes:

1) Mod for a day with the caveat that, if you engage in any behaviour unsuited to the role, such as ban rampages etc., you will find your time curtailed, and a one month siteban will be issued.

2) Pick a new Boards.ie emoticon! (smiley) subject to Admin approval.

3) 3 forums approved, subject to admin's discretion. Certain fora suggestions will not be entertained at this time (Drugs, for example)

4) 3 free subscriptions to Boards.ie

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are

I will update this as more items become available. Thankyou for your understanding, and if YOU can donate any prizes, please PM myself or RoundyMooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Ah, better again.

I just keep getting better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I take it you've a car?

That's a great list of prizes!

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy:

I read that as:
    RoundyMooney: MrsRoundyMooney

• Advertisement

No, the DJ of Spiders is right.

MrsRoundy is my OH's username :)

I couldn't give her away. Really, I've tried.

Rb wrote: »
    I take it you've a car?

That's a great list of prizes!

Nope but have the dart only 3 mins away!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i should be able to donate an Ipod shuffle.

Excellent Mr Sky! Any possiblity you could pick up the wine & bubbly from rb?

Well, Tbh I'll be coming from work, and Booze on site is a Big no-no :(

• Advertisement

On the Plus side, i did Just Buy that Ipod!
    ipod-shuffle-red-sm.jpg

(in the unlikely chance it isnt delivered in time, the winner can pm me their address, and i can Post it on to them)

Nope but have the dart only 3 mins away!
    Would you be able to get the Dart to one of the southside stations so? It'd just make parking easier and transferring the booze a bit easier?

Like which one? Sandymount would be ok?

Fair play Agent Smith :)

God Damm it

Like which one? Sandymount would be ok?
    Yeah Sandymount would be ideal

i just got an email saying its been shipped, so it should be here in time

That's a prize and a half :)

As you might have noticed we are having a raffle to raise more money for the Santa Strike Force. Please could you add the banner on my sig to yours to help us sell as many tickets as possible. Here are the details:

Banner location: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3185/tickets2jp1.jpg
    Link location: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055298412

Here is a list of all the prizes we have so far, more will be added as we get them, and there might be some surprise prizes on the night!

Sully: One night in a Tramore B&B/Hotel advertised on http://www.discovertramore.ie/

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Glitter Lava Lamp, Blueberry Liquor, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys to be offered as several prizes

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale (http://www.discoroyale.net)

Dublin Pass: 4 x 2 Day Dublin Passes. These Passes entitle the holders to free entry to 30 attractions in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle to name but a few. There are also a number of special offers as well as the Aircoach transfer from the airport to the city.

Mr.Blue Sky: iPod shuffle

The Admins have generously donated a very substantial amount to the cause, as well as the following prizes:

1) Mod for a day with the caveat that, if you engage in any behaviour unsuited to the role, such as ban rampages etc., you will find your time curtailed, and a one month siteban will be issued.

3) 3 forums approved, subject to admin's discretion. Certain fora suggestions will not be entertained at this time (Drugs, for example)

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are!

So there you go, an impressive list I'm sure you'll agree! Tickets are selling fast, so get in quick! We can accept paypal, Neteller and Moneybookers payments. Click the banner for more details.

Thankyou for your support

DJ Spider

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

As you might have noticed we are having a raffle to raise more money for the Santa Strike Force. Please could you add the banner on my sig to yours to help us sell as many tickets as possible.
    Code:
    [php]
    Click the banner to be in with a chance to win a prize in the Ninja Karaoke Raffle in aid of the Santa Strike Force!

tickets2jp1.jpg
    [/php]

• Advertisement

Thanks Sher',

R.

Just updated my sig, hope the sigpo don't jump on it!

You can now transfer funds in complete confidentiality to this dedicated bank account for buying raffle tickets:

Account name: Tom Murphy
    Bank: Bank Of Ireland, St Stephens Green
    Sort Code: 90-00-84
    Account Number: 65748028

This is a completely dedicated account set up and every penny into it is for the SSF.

If you do buy a ticket, please PM me, RoundyMooney or Rb with confirmation and we will allocate you a number for the draw on Friday night.

We will be drawing the raffle at Midnight, so if you are not going to be there at that time, please make sure you let me know your ticket number. Otherwise if you are not there to collect your prize, or have let me know, we will draw another number until we have a winner. Then we will get back to the singing & dancing! :eek:

Unashamed bump.

Thank you so much to all of you that have bought tickets so far. Your numbers have been PMed to you.

Please, please, please consider a ticket if you haven't already. All transactions will be in the strictest confidence, and your details will go no further than my inbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Has all the transportation for the prizes been worked out? If not, I can pick up / deliver from south Dublin during the week. Either way I'll need to drop off my 2 bottles of wine.

yes thankyou very much to everyone who has bought a ticket, we are well on the way to 400Euros so there is still time to buy one. But they are selling fast! There are some great prizes and don't forget those special Boards prizes, you could even chose the new smiley! :rolleyes:

eoin_s could you not bring the wine on the night? Or I will be in Dublin in the morning on friday.

Here is another update folks! Also how the raffle will be done on the night. The draw will done at Midnight, if anyone is not there to collect thier prize and has NOT given me thier details, we will draw another ticket.

When you buy a ticket on the night you will be given a ticket with a numbered ticket attached to it. If you buy one online, you will be sent an email telling you what number you have. I will have a list of the usernames and numbers assigned, so there will be no trouble confiming if you have won.

We will call out a number and if you have it, come up and collect your prize. We will draw the prizes in order of value, from the lowest to the highest. With the 'virtual' prizes drawn last.

All decisions of the MC are final and no cash alternative will be given.
    Here is a list of all the prizes we have so far, more will be added as we get them, and there might be some surprise prizes on the night!

DJ_Spider: Bottle of Spumante, Glitter Lava Lamp, Blueberry Liquor, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys to be offered as several prizes

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale http://www.discoroyale.net

Mr.Blue Sky: iPod shuffle

Fajitas: Outdoor Portrait sitting and CD of images taken

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are!

So there you go, an impressive list I'm sure you'll agree! Tickets are selling fast, so get in quick! We can accept paypal, Neteller and Moneybookers payments, as well as being able to pay into the SSF bank account if you prefer. Click the banner below for more details.

Thankyou for your support

DJ Spider

It was a fire in the kitchen of a first floor apartment. The brigade were on the scen in minutes and brought it under control. Seeing as our event is in the downstairs room we shall be fine! (bring snorkel, flippers & armbands!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just had another idea for a raffle prize.

I've organised a trip to a haunted castle the night after this event... I can offer up a place on the trip as a raffle prize.

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me, obviously the winner would have to available for it. Would you be able to give anything as a replacement in case they can't avail of it?

Advertisement