Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle ideas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I changed mine just for a change! Nice one. :D BTW Roundy, any more tickets sold? and was that right what I said in the email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm 50/50 on changing the sig as I think the original one is a bit more attention grabbing than the new one to be honest

I just thought it would be different to the ones we have already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Some of us should change it definitely, but I'm gonna keep the old one as I think we should have a bit of variety.

Or we could have both in our sigs making them MASSIVE, but I dooubt sigpo would like that. Then again, it's only 'til Friday, what's the worst that could happen...

• Advertisement

Only thing is with my sig it would be too, too, TOO massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Updated my sig too...

The 31st is the only date I have organised for the moment for the haunted castle thing. I guessing we could stick it into a part of the rafffle where people can just come up and pick the prize they want, if they can't make it they won't pick it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Updated my sig too...

The 31st is the only date I have organised for the moment for the haunted castle thing. I guessing we could stick it into a part of the rafffle where people can just come up and pick the prize they want, if they can't make it they won't pick it.
    I want to win a monkey!

Changed my sig

Time to go trolling for a good a cause :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So I'm a little bit confused. Are those of us that bought tickets online eligible to win all prizes or just the online ones? And, likewise, those with a "real" ticket only able to win the physical prizes?

nkay1985, let me clarify it. If you buy a ticket online and are not going to be at the event, obviously we couldn't afford to post any items you won. Apart from the vouchers, and the boards prizes. (Mod for a day, chose a smiley, free sub etc) So if you buy a ticket online you will only be eligible for those prizes. If you buy a ticket at the event you are able to win ANY prize, as we can give it to you then.

Although thinking about I can see what you are getting at. But it's too late to say if you buy a ticket at the event you can only win the physical prizes, we want to make as much money as possible.

Sorry for the confusion :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ipod still hasnt Arraived, But will post tomorrow if it has.

No probs AS, we can always make a voucher for it anyway.

I hope you have broadband access in the car Spider and are currently on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    nkay1985, let me clarify it. If you buy a ticket online and are not going to be at the event, obviously we couldn't afford to post any items you won. Apart from the vouchers, and the boards prizes. (Mod for a day, chose a smiley, free sub etc) So if you buy a ticket online you will only be eligible for those prizes. If you buy a ticket at the event you are able to win ANY prize, as we can give it to you then.

Although thinking about I can see what you are getting at. But it's too late to say if you buy a ticket at the event you can only win the physical prizes, we want to make as much money as possible.

Sorry for the confusion :o

That's grand boy, I was just confused is all! Not the first time, nor will it be the last.

On the flipside, most of the prizes seem to be deliverable anyway, i.e. online :)

Well we have 5 bottles of wine, a bottle of whiskey, a bottle of blueberry liquor, a bottle of sparkling wine, 2 bottles of champagne, and an assortment of monkeys! Also tSubh Dearg is hopefully getting the Lilly O'Briens chocolates today. We also have the voucher for JMD tattoos in Waterford, and the 2, (yes 2, they only sent 2 instead of 3 but they did send a funky bag for them!) Dublin Passes.

But everything else could be sent via PM/Email. I will update the list later today and announce the closing time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Off topic but Happy Birthday Spider, meant to post yesterday!

LOL well I will be celebrating it tomorrow! Only thing is can't get too locked or will forget which song to play, who is singing it, or what pub I'm meant to be at!

Back on topic, has anyone got 2 100 disk tubs? I have 2 50 disk ones, but I thought it would be good to put the tickets in!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ipod Arraived just now

yeays!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm afraid I won't make it in tomorrow evening. DJ Spider, I'm working in Ballsbridge which is only a few mins out of town - any chance you can drop into me some time tomorrow?

eoin_s wrote: »
    I'm afraid I won't make it in tomorrow evening. DJ Spider, I'm working in Ballsbridge which is only a few mins out of town - any chance you can drop into me some time tomorrow?
    If not, I'm also working in Ballsbridge so could meet you at lunchtime or something and deliver the goods tomorrow evening.

Ronny that would be great! I have to go into the city first thing. I wont really have time to go out to Ballsbridge. As I then have get back home, have the 3S's (sh1t, shave & shower!) change, load the van at 2:40pm and then will be at the mercantile. (I don't have transport at the moment, Mrs Spider doesn't go into the city!)

I have told them it will be kicking off at 5pm, but I will be setting everything up and putting up the decorations. Opps! did I say decorations? I meant putting up the lights! So If you could collect the wine, and drop them into me that would be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If not, I'm also working in Ballsbridge so could meet you at lunchtime or something and deliver the goods tomorrow evening.

Hey, that's brilliant - thanks for that. I'll send a PM tomorrow morning to arrange that?

Grand eoin_s.

See you amárach.

Just to let you know the raffle will be closing at Midnight tonight, (29/05/08) as I will be too busy to process any more after then. But you will be able to buy tickets on the night.

Here is a list of all the prizes we have so far, more will be added as we get them, and there might be some surprise prizes on the night!

Keano A Legend: €30 one4all voucher

Sully: One night in a Tramore B&B/Hotel advertised on http://www.discovertramore.ie/

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Blueberry Liquor, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champagne

eoin_S: 2 X Bottles wine

aiden_walsh: One year's subscription to boards

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys to be offered as several prizes

Rb & Pythia: 2 bottles of white wine

Alan Ford: a €50 voucher for JMD tatoos in Waterford

Ronny Mitchell: Bottle of whiskey

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale http://www.discoroyale.net

Dublin Pass: 2 x 3 Day Dublin Passes. These Passes entitle the holders to free entry to 30 attractions in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle to name but a few. There are also a number of special offers as well as the Aircoach transfer from the airport to the city.

Agent_Smith: iPod shuffle

The Admins have generously donated a very substantial amount to the cause, as well as the following prizes:

1) Mod for a day with the caveat that, if you engage in any behaviour unsuited to the role, such as ban rampages etc., you will find your time curtailed, and a one month siteban will be issued.

2) Pick a new Boards.ie emoticon! (smiley) subject to Admin approval.

3) 3 forums approved, subject to admin's discretion. Certain fora suggestions will not be entertained at this time (Drugs, for example)

4) 3 free subscriptions to Boards.ie

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are!

So there you go, an impressive list I'm sure you'll agree! Tickets are selling fast, so get in quick! We can accept paypal, Neteller and Moneybookers payments.

Unfortunately the glitter lava lamp is no longer in the raffle as I dropped it! Whoops! But there might be a replacement item instead! I would like to thank all the people who have donated prizes and bought tickets. I will give you an update on the total amount raised on Saturday. (If I'm still alive!)

So click that banner NOW! and buy those remaining tickets

Thankyou for your support

DJ Spider

Half an hour to go lads and lassies :)

Beep beep, beep beep.

/according to computer clock.

• Advertisement

I was always a bit behind;)

Blame eBay!

Anyway, thanks to all of you that gave to us so generously. We're very heartened by the take up on this, and you all know who you are.

Kudos to Rb, and above all DJ Spider, who has put in a sterling amount of work behind the scenes here (and who is only just beginning!), to Cormie for the transport (vantasks.ie people), and all those who kindly donated items out of their own pocket. Admins too, who donated a substantial amount of goodies and hard cash to the cause.

The very best of luck to the participants, and to those who can attend, enjoy the night, and don't heckle the DJ too much;)

*Online raffle closed*

Advertisement