Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox360 dvd bad flash no key

Options
  • 19-05-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

i was flashing an xbox360 dvd drive and ruined it with no key bacup can this be fixed by a mod chip or anyrhing else ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

sorry mate I dont think so, how come you dont have a backup? I thought all modern 360 flash progs do this automatically.

Just out of interest, what drive was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

At present no.

Unless you have a back-up of your key then there is no way to recover the key from the motherboard.

I must ask, how did you loose the key?

The process involves you reading the original firmware and then injecting the key into it, so if you have the original firmware then you have the key and all is not lost.

If there was a power outage/floppy died during the flash processes you *might* still be in with a chance.

Google the MS28 Bad flash recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Doodee wrote: »
    At present no.

Unless you have a back-up of your key then there is no way to recover the key from the motherboard.

I must ask, how did you loose the key?

The process involves you reading the original firmware and then injecting the key into it, so if you have the original firmware then you have the key and all is not lost.

If there was a power outage/floppy died during the flash processes you *might* still be in with a chance.

Google the MS28 Bad flash recovery.

Good post.

Did you use iprep or something?

Check the usb stick that you used, i'd say there is a backup.bin or something in there (i cant tell you for sure as iprep doesnt really work for me, i have to do each step manually)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

ill have a look as i used iprep , the drive had a strange rev number 00470h thanks for the advice

Advertisement