Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the history of evp

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

That a permanent banning?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

??? wrote: »
    From the Wikipedia on Raudive:

Breaking it down...

1. If you can't hear anything said, it was spoken in a different language so you wouldn't understand it or it was spoken too rapidly for you to understand. Also, when you die you become fluent in many languages.;)

2. Has nothing to do with wavelengths at all...

3. If it doesn't make sense it doesn't matter.

4. You lose the ability to make sense and you make up new words when you die.

Now is it just me or do those four rules sound an awful lot like a description of aural paredolia?

You don't seem to be capable of reading here. He says these are characteristics that he has come across. Where are you getting rules from?

degrassinoel is completely correct. A healthily scepticism is important for the forum, but an interest is equally important. Really look at a poster like Zillah and how he puts his points across. You're just coming across as incredibly childish... have you ever attempted to record EVP yourself for instance? It doesn't take much effort.

I certainly don't believe in ghosts by any means... what I know about the human brain means that I can't accept that there is anything resembling a soul that can carry on after you're dead. But it doesn't mean I'm going to completely ignore the fact that there is unexplained phenomenon out there, and these things deserve some study.

You don't seem to be capable of reading here. He says these are characteristics that he has come across. Where are you getting rules from?

Supposedly they are the characteristics of an EVP as defined in his book. I copied straight off his wikipedia article.
    degrassinoel is completely correct. A healthily scepticism is important for the forum, but an interest is equally important. Really look at a poster like Zillah and how he puts his points across. You're just coming across as incredibly childish... have you ever attempted to record EVP yourself for instance? It doesn't take much effort.

No I haven't. Recording static is not something I'd consider fun! I've listen to enopugh supposed EVP and half the time you can't hear a thing, the others it sounds like complete gobledegook and a paradolia.
    I certainly don't believe in ghosts by any means... what I know about the human brain means that I can't accept that there is anything resembling a soul that can carry on after you're dead.
    So good so far.
    But it doesn't mean I'm going to completely ignore the fact that there is unexplained phenomenon out there, and these things deserve some study.

http://skepdic.com/evp.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paredolia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon#Explanations_based_on_psychology_and_perception

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

??? wrote: »
    Supposedly they are the characteristics of an EVP as defined in his book. I copied straight off his wikipedia article.

Yes. It's says characteristics. Not rules.... you called them rules, you're twisting facts in some sort failed attempt at derisive humour.

A characteristic is
    a distinguishing feature of a person or thing

I never mentioned the word rule. In my original post they were called characteristics. Go back and check. Also for the purposes they are the exact same thing. One of the characteristics of a fission reaction is energy is given off!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

looks like a decent job Danny, well done

you could Paddy the MOFO up by mentioning Yeats, didn't Dr. Konstantin Raudive claim to have recorded him? I thought I read that somewhere, if it's true it would be good to mention

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Stoner wrote: »
    looks like a decent job Danny, well done

you could Paddy the MOFO up by mentioning Yeats, didn't Dr. Konstantin Raudive claim to have recorded him? I thought I read that somewhere, if it's true it would be good to mention
    thanks stoner, ill check it out bud,

Advertisement