Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoC Client Download

Options
  • 19-05-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Here is a link to Age of Conan Client Download for EU

Its a massive 13+ Gb download, which is going to take about 23 hours to download.

Im getting 130-160Kb/sec so its not to bad.

Useless without a key, but very handy if you want to ready to play once you do get your key.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for that m8.

I started downloading but it says its the early access client.
    Im guessing this file is exactly what i will get on my retail ive preordered from gamestop?
    Your saying its just a quick way to have the game ready to roll once we pick up our retail versions with no need to install from dvd?

Coming down at 250k for me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Ah gone be with the days where we used to spend the install time reading the game manual :)

I think ill wait till friday, or i might not get it at all O_O finally getting my life back together after WoW lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

DCully,

To be honest Im not 100%. I just "think" that this will be the same as whats on the DVD's but fully patched up, so once you get your Key you will be ready to rock and roll.

So yeah, once its installed it should mean we won't have to use the DVDs from the retail version..

its a download so I set it off anyway, if it works, it works, if not then I don't lose anything. I prefer so have the download versions of games anyway so I can move them easily between Computers\laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Early access client atm doesn't need an early access account to patch up to full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Be careful now guys. I used to have 3 different beta clients, which all done different things..

And it's not a case of copying over a few files. Not that I could figure out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Be careful now guys. I used to have 3 different beta clients, which all done different things..

And it's not a case of copying over a few files. Not that I could figure out anyway.

Its not a Beta client, its the game client. The one they are putting on the disks.

Ok i downloaded this overnight,installed and im getting welcome screen with latest news about live servers etc plus im getting some updates.
    Looks like the game client to me :)

btw the update im dloading now is 410 mb so maybe it is a good idea to get this installed and updated for release day.

Same as, thought I almost had access to for a few minutes :)

Still I'm happy to know come Friday I'll be ready to play. Knowing my luck now I won't ACTUALLY get to play till next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Its not a Beta client, its the game client. The one they are putting on the disks.

Ah right. Thought you guys just got into beta :o

Same as, thought I almost had access to for a few minutes

Still I'm happy to know come Friday I'll be ready to play. Knowing my luck now I won't ACTUALLY get to play till next week

Likewise,ive got a hectic weekend coming up,might get on Sunday evening for a bit or maybe an hour or so late Friday.

• Advertisement

Btw if anyone wants a copy of the install, let me know and we can work some way to transfer it.

Its 13.5 Gb folder, so you would need to connect a USB External Drive... or something.

Probably more hassle than its worth but it can be done, if anyone is really stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

downloading it now, just in case lol

dont wanna be stuck all day on friday downloading the patches if i can help it.
    cheers for the linky in either case :)

Advertisement