Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax Question.

Options
  • 19-05-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Just hoping for a bit of help...

My car tax is due to be renewed from 31 May but as I am going for an operation on wednesday and won't be able to drive for a while the car will not be driven for the month of June.

I know if I went to the tax office to renew on 1st July they will make you back tax it unless you have the form signed by a Guard saying it was off the road.

I cannot find that form anywhere though, does anyone know where I can download it or pick it up?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

its on the back of the form that revenue send you out to renew the tax or I usually get mine down the garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Just hoping for a bit of help...

My car tax is due to be renewed from 31 May but as I am going for an operation on wednesday and won't be able to drive for a while the car will not be driven for the month of June.

I know if I went to the tax office to renew on 1st July they will make you back tax it unless you have the form signed by a Guard saying it was off the road.

I cannot find that form anywhere though, does anyone know where I can download it or pick it up?

Cheers

You'll get it in a garda station. It's the normal tax form but you need to fill in the section that deals with the car being off the road and have it stamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Cheers

Form RF100a

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,489,en.pdf

Section 7 is the declaration of non-use.

When your tax reminder comes for the end of May, tick off the road and send back. At the start of June, fill in the RF100a and take it to the Garda station for them to sign it off.

You'll have to either post the form off or go to the tax office to renew rather than doing it on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

Thanks very much for your help everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

you need tax to park a car on a street , unless its in your driveway or own the land its on.

simple as.

• Advertisement
Advertisement