Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good book on the French Revolution?

Options
  • 19-05-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have just finished reading Antonia Fraser's 'Marie Antoinette - The Journey' and I absolutely loved it. I am now looking for a book that concentrates more on the events of the Revolution itself, causes off, aftermath etc. I prefer books that are factual yet not bogged down in endless dates and names that aren't really relevent! Something as readable as the Antonia Fraser book would be perfect, any ideas?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Simon Schama - Citizens. Narrative history at its finest. I found it really accessible and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thank you for the reply Valmont. There are a couple of books by Christopher Hibbert that get fairly good reviews on Amazon, anyone read anything by him?

Advertisement