Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgment Day Discussion (Spoilers)

• 19-05-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Might as well make a thread to discuss the actual PPV

I thought it was decent enough, nothing really special apart from HBK vs Jericho. But there wasn't a bad match on the show. I enjoyed it overall. The dead crowd hurt it though, it seemed like Undertaker and Vickie were the only ones who could get a good reaction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

just finished watching the cage match on the repeat there.

wasnt too impressed. the crowd did seem really dead alright.

wwe needs a kick up the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just wondering, for those who watched, were the Morrison and Miz over as heels at all? Considering One Night Stand is coming up soon I was hoping this win might give them a push of some sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just wondering, for those who watched, were the Morrison and Miz over as heels at all? Considering One Night Stand is coming up soon I was hoping this win might give them a push of some sort

Not a whole lot, but that was mainly the crowd I think. Even Cena didn't get much of a reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fozzy wrote: »
    Even Cena didn't get much of a reaction
    To be fair cena's crowd reaction since he came back has being anticlimatic to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I thought there was far too much filler in the PPV - WWE don't seem to plan their PPVs very well at all these days. Why have Jeff Hardy vs. MVP as an inpromptu match in between the 2 title matchs?; it just doesnt make sense. If their gonna do that match on PPV, they should have at least built up some sort of angle on RAW last week to have get people interested in the match. Also, Vickie's promo went on way too long. It was quite obvious that WWE were struggling to fill the 3 hours.

On the plus side of things, I thought the Jericho vs. Michaels match was exceptional. The women's title match was very good, as were the 2 world title matchs.

Basically, the stuff they had advertised on the PPV was very good, but the amount of filler in between was quite annoying in my opinion - All they would have needed to do was develop another fued for the PPV.

• Advertisement

I thought Kane/Punk/Miz/Morrison was a decent match.

Seems to be that the cage match wasn't very popular, but i thought it was pretty cool. The ending near the corner of the cage was very good at building anticipation, etc. but i really wanted orton to go over on H (was hoping for an RKO off the top rope to the ring) but meh, looks like H is kicking ass backstage again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i thought it was a pretty good ppv but could have been better. didnt bother watching the cage match due to the fact everyone knew hhh was gonna win. the vickie thing was quite good even though i dont like here but when she kept saying excuse me like 10 times. come on TLC match at ONS Taker vs Edge so there are no rules and there is only one way to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Watching the nine o'clock replay now and both matches have been good so far.

Looks like Michaels and Jericho is next, hopefully they deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That double standing backbreaker by Beth was awesome.

They should move some of the decent women wrestlers from Smackdown over to Raw to really build the division.

Love to see Trish and Molly come back too.

Anyone else think the womens divisions of both WWE and TNA are the best thing in both companies at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I see several people have described this PPV as being "good".

Well, I can only hope that on your scale of rankings, "good" is followed by very good, great, amazing, incredible and excellent!

If that's what passes as a good PPV these days it only serves to show how much our expectations have been lowered by the repetitive and downright boring productions that have become the standard in the last few years.

Vicky stirring up the crowd was the most memorable moment of the night for me even though it was obvious what she was about to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the WWE crowd have been dead for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

rossie1977 wrote: »

+1

I think at this stage they are just hanging around, waiting to see if something interesting is ever going to happen again.

rossie1977 wrote: »

So has the undertaker but no one gives out about him.

Internet = Wrestling Killer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The complete opposite for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

First and foremost...F**K WWE for changing Orton's music.

Secondly, I'm surprised people didn't like this PPV. 1 exceptional match in Jericho and HBK, a very good WHC title match, a very good cage match (despite the boring finish), a grand womens match and both Cena/JBL and MVP/Hardy were good. Even the tag match was decent, although I never like to see Punk getting pinned clean. This ppv was so much better than Backlash and definitely, all round, one of their better shows this year..

But back to whats important...Change Orton's music back, for the love of GOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the internet hasn't affected tna's crowd, too many people go to WWE shows these days expecting to be entertained and just sit on hands throughout the show, the day of going to a WWE show and suspending disbelief for most people seems have ended

Double C wrote: »
    First and foremost...F**K WWE for changing Orton's music.

But back to whats important...Change Orton's music back, for the love of GOD!

Are you on the same stuff Jeff was on?

Orton's new theme is awesomeness.

And it suits him more than Burn In My Light too. I mean, that was too upbeat, and he walks to the ring slowly these days, so i think its a great move for them.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FmQ1AmJGN3c

YAAAAY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Burn in my Light was his face theme after Evolution so a slower song does suit his character more, but I dont like this new one so far. And I'm going to miss shouting "Heeey!" every 6 seconds while he's on his way to the ring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Double C wrote: »
    Burn in my Light was his face theme after Evolution so a slower song does suit his character more, but I dont like this new one so far. And I'm going to miss shouting "Heeey!" every 6 seconds while he's on his way to the ring :)

Burn in my Light was a class tune, really good guitar riff! Kennedys new one rock's!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ok i know im supposed to hate vickie coz shes a heel and all bit this is goin to far, her voice just cuts thru me and the b!tch cant act like she is supposed to! you end up not believing her at all which annoys me even more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I wasn't mad about this PPV to be honest. It started off on a bad note with JBL v. Cena. This match was quite hard to sit through. Way too many boring rest moves.
    Regardless of whether it was a good match or not, Undertaker v. Edge was their third meeting in a row with all them being standard singles matches and to add to that there was no pay off. No new champion, the match may as well have not happened.
    The PPV was just not......interesting. OK Jericho v. Micheals was very good but I think people who think that this was a good PPV may have had their expectations lowered over the past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Right, first off, something that has annoyed me for years about internet fans.
    Why the f*ck can't anyone spell M-I-C-H-A-E-L-S??! It's written on most screens before the match begins!!

Far from the best PPV around, but Orton v Michaels and the womens match was pretty decent.

As for Orton's new theme. To me, anything is better than "hey (hey!), Randy Orton's gay! (gay!)" theme.

Fun fact as well, during his brief face run in 2005, he also used "This Fire Burns" by Killswitch Engage before he turned heel again after RKOing Kiebler. He ended up going back to "Burn In My Light". A year later CM Punk got "This Fire Burns" instead.

VR!

I think people who think that this was a good PPV may have had their expectations lowered over the past few years.

I don't think it's that my expectations are low, but most WWE PPVs have a few bad matches. That's the average for WWE. And this PPV didn't have any bad matches, so I'd rank it as good. Anything better than the average is good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Overall,I agree with fozzy,it was a good ppv.There wasn't anything crap or spectacular about it.The HBK Jericho match was the match of night.I think that was expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't even realise this PPV was on! Did SuperHunter prevail?

Of course. Although if he wants to beat Flair's record he's going to have to lose it soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Fozzy wrote: »
    And this PPV didn't have any bad matches, so I'd rank it as good.

I agree that there were a few good matches alright but that was it really....a few good matches, nothing else. For me a PPV has to not only have those good matches but it also has to have that x-factor, excitment and interest all 3 of which were very much absent on sunday night. Never once while watching Judgment Day did I have that 'oh my god!', edge of my seat feeling for a match. I think Judgment Day could be summed up as being compared to a gig where the band seem to be just 'going through the motions'. Thank god I didn't pay €21.95 for this.

EDIT: BTW there definitely was at least one bad match...JBL v. Cena. That match was actually quite **** to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dont you mean SuperCena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Dont you mean SuperCena

Nah he's right, it's SuperHunter.
    If you need to refer to Cena, it's MEGACena - There is only one!

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

not much to add in terms of the PPV...it was a standard PPV for nowadays. nothing s*** but nothing to shout about.

the only thing that annoys me about Hunter as opposed to Cena is that there's no need for Hunter to be where he is. Knowing the business like he claims to he should either step aside or turn heel. imo him as tweener champion imo is not wats needed. and he should know this.

'Mega' Cena in a perverse way is Cena's character (in other words Hogan for today)...Hunter, it seems to me, has just decided to turn himself into SuperHunter. And Cena is money

And i don't believe, no matter what he says in his interviews, he does it for the good of the business. With the stroke he has he could still have a share of the limelight without being 'the man'...

Advertisement