Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me...

Options
  • 19-05-2008 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭

or is there no "Thank You" button in AH?
    And if not, why not?

Only noticed this just now when I wanted to thank another poster and realised that the bloomin' thing was nowhere to be seen... What's the story?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It was disabled for AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It was suspected that it might be abused in AH (with everyone thanking each other all over the shop) so it was disabled there and in a few other forums.

Although I personally wouldn't see the harm in giving it a trial run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cornbb wrote: »
    It was suspected that it might be abused in AH (with everyone thanking each other all over the shop) so it was disabled there and in a few other forums.

Although I personally wouldn't see the harm in giving it a trial run :)
    Just to see what level of abuse can be reached, eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Fair enough, I can understand that... Although if there were worries about it being abused, why bring it in at all?

Just to see what level of abuse can be reached, eh? :D

I want a thanks button next to my own posts, so I can indulge in a bit of good ole self abuse...

.../gets coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Might need to get some tissues too while your at it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

How many threads about this now? 5? 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I want a thanks button next to my own posts, so I can indulge in a bit of good ole self abuse...

.../gets coat.

Indulge yourself with a good ol thank?

../get my coat while your there

Indulge yourself with a good ol thank?

../get my coat while your there

I guess the admins felt there were too many thankers hanging around AH already so there was no need for further encouragement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Fair enough, I can understand that... Although if there were worries about it being abused, why bring it in at all?
    It's not really needed in AH, as it's more general chit-chat that goes on in there. However, in forums such as Computers, where someone might post asking for advice on something, should they get the response they need to fix their problem, it saves the threads being clogged up with people quoting the response and saying thanks over and over.

In general it keeps the helpful threads clutter free. Initially (as you don't seem to have been around when it was implemented), under "posts" and "location" it had the figures for how much a persons posts had been thanked, but it was gotten rid of to prevent a karma-like system where people were attempting to whore thanks.

You can also search for thanked posts which is handy as it'll filter the posts in whatever topic to those that have been deemed helpful (and therefore thanked)

• Advertisement
Advertisement