Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Damage

Options
  • 19-05-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place or not but here goes...

Got a new Gas boiler by crowd recommended by Bord Gais. While fiiting boiler they left a pipe leaking by accident, fixed it two weeks later.

Now have a Semi solid Floor with heavy water staines on it. After 12 phones, none returned, I got on to Bord Gais and the installation company came out to look at it, their final offer is a free service next year of the boiler, worth 100 euro.

Not looking for a payout but I have an area the size of two A4 sheets of paper badly stained. Am guessing if I replace the wood I'll have one new piece of woods all shinny with the rest of the floor looking more mature.

Any suggestions, sanding work?

Also if anyone has had any experience with smalls claims like this any advice be good!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Me personally I wouldnt accept the free service Id be looking for the floor fixed to the standard it was before the mess was made..... and not only that when your floor drys out it could well shrink/warp/belly stick to your guns and get the floor fixed
    whats the service cost €100?
    whats the floor gonna cost to fix?

Advertisement