Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least favourite area

• 19-05-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I had a car chase in Bohan last night, me and about 17 cop cars. I really should have set a marker for the bridge and got the hell out of there, but I didn't. Bohan sucks for a high speed chase, it's all steep hills with zero visibility and right angled turns. Oh and dead ends. So many dead ends. On the plus side though,
    it has that wonderful half finished motorway where you can lead your persuers (to their death, mah haw haw haw)

Anyone got an area that really sucks for a high speed chase?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah Bohan is swormed with cops, but you'd expect it to be seeing as it's a shìthole! I'm not a fan of it either, mainly because of those toll bridges coming in to and out of Broker. Also the wierd preacher fella' across the street from where the safe house is in Bohan, every time I exit it I always cross the street and shoot him in the head with my AK, then make sure he's dead by adding a few extra bullets to the Torso.

I don't know for chases though, I aways find areas equal to every other one depending on if the stars are the same, but I suppose around the Police stations would be a bad idea. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ haha, I usually line up my car opposite him, rev it with the brakes on to get the wheels spinning and then crush him against the wall :D

Although he seems to be occasionally replaced by some conspiracy theorist muppet now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Bohan by far, nothing to do, nothing cool to see, cops everywhere, effort to drive to, piece of **** place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I really dislike the sky road in Alderney.

It's a pain if you're playing GTA race and get knocked off, takes forever to find your way back up there.

And, well, apart from GTA race I'm not entirely sure I've ever actually used it. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Not really an area but i hate the road where Brucie lives, too bloody windy and always loads of traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I don't like the really narrow tunnels. Quite awkward when travelling through them and having to barge your way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah the Alderney (Jersey :pac:) end of the Booth (Lincoln!) tunnel where the two lanes merge into one drives me mental. I usually end up crashing my way through, more often than not hitting a police car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Some of the single laned streets in Alderney a pain to pass out on, I've no time to be waiting behind them, I try to pass out on the inside I just damage my car with no progress made. And I can't pass on the sidewalk because there's trees in the way. Grrr!!!! :mad:

BTW, good idea Stephen, I'll try and crush him next time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

Ah to be fair you can squeeze the cars on the middle of the road in most places but if its foggy and dark i keep getting lost in that place in south alderney...its a major dose..yaknow the place with the looping roads and the pipes and stuff everywhere...but at the end of the day stick a waypoint down and drive out...DUUHH...the addition of flying out the windscreen makes the highspeed chases tough tho..and you can forget about it on bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mika27 wrote: »
    Not really an area but i hate the road where Brucie lives, too bloody windy and always loads of traffic
    It's called BOABO (or DUMBO in real lfe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Stephen wrote: »
    Yeah the Alderney (Jersey :pac:) end of the Booth (Lincoln!) tunnel where the two lanes merge into one drives me mental. I usually end up crashing my way through, more often than not hitting a police car.

Oh god, I've jsut opened this island a few days ago and need to take this tunnel a lot these days. It's awful although living in Cork and having to use the Jack Lynch tunnel every day, it's pretty realistic :)

Advertisement