Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

well if the government wont..

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Driving northbound between the Ballymount and N7, its too dangerous to keep in lane 1 (lane 4 being the dedicated lane between the two junctions). Traffic queueing for the N7 blocks traffic from Ballymount, which has to nip out between the queueing cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

for those who are bitchin about the lanes i sit myself happily in the middle lane doing 100km/h i never vary speed or change lanes until...
    after the toll going north bound. There is a thick broken white line on the very left. this makes 4 lanes. whats the crack with it? is this the new hard shoulder?

now after my above statement i use to M50 late at night around 11pm when its pretty much quiet as M50 goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

congo_90 wrote: »
    for those who are bitchin about the lanes i sit myself happily in the middle lane doing 100km/h i never vary speed or change lanes until...
    after the toll going north bound. There is a thick broken white line on the very left. this makes 4 lanes. whats the crack with it? is this the new hard shoulder?

now after my above statement i use to M50 late at night around 11pm when its pretty much quiet as M50 goes.

:confused:

I don't get it.

Are you for or agin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

congo_90 wrote: »

1.Why can't you use the left lane like you are supposed to ?
    2.The left lane with the thick broken white line is the one for getting off at the next junction.
    3.Do you have a driving license or a TV license ( I think you should check ) :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

cormie wrote: »
    Well I was thinking of having something similar on them that WOULD be traceable :pac:

So you mean free ads put up along the m50 cleverly disguised as public safety signs? :p I'd imagine the council would be fairly quick to send on a littering fine for that, altough not as quick as they would be to rob your idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Slightly off topic but I believe the 100 kmh road signs on the improved part of the M50 are here to stay, what a LOB.

Advertisement