Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain?

Options
  • 19-05-2008 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I was told that if you have more than one equals in your adress bar, google won't regonise it, when it is requested to do so for advertising reasons. Is this true?

This is mine. I have left out my website address.
    /catalog.php?cat=0&brand=0&page=8&subcat=0

Hope this makes sense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Hi,

I'm not sure who is giving you the information, but whoever it was, didn't explain it very well!

Basically Google and other search engines, when indexing websites don't give dynamic web page addresses like yours the same weighting as those that look static. A static URL looks something like - /aboutus.html.

Google will still index pages like this, it will just be a little harder to get any serious results with addresses like yours.

Judging by your URL, it looks like you are using either osCommerce or ZenCart for your store. You should ask your developer to install a Search Engine Friendly URL plugin on your website and it will eliminate this issue for you.

Tom

Advertisement