Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLASA 08 - anyone going?

Options
  • 19-05-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

For those who may not know, the PLASA show in Earl's Court London is an annual exhibition of pro light & sound gear http://www.plasashow.com

Last year was our first year going, defo worth the trip if your considering spending any kind of serious cash on anything like speakers, poweramps, lights, desks, smoke machines, live mics, cases etc etc.

Are you attending PLASA 08? 4 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    50%
    Savmanunclebill98 2 votes
    Plasa shmasa
    50%
    frobisheraf_thefragile 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No
    Yes i is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Went a couple of times , not last year though.

Practically irrelevant Studio Equipmentwise in '06 .

The Lights are fantastic though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Plasa shmasa
    I should really make it over sometime, never have though. It'd actually not be the sound stuff I'd be most interested in but the LED screens as that's my bread n butter. Bring back stories!

No
    Well, I'm in the middle of upgraded my gear and every piece of gear i've looked at was there last year, so i missed out on it then.

I'm looking forward to being able to lift up the gear and see it as its meant to be shown.

Well, I'm in the middle of upgraded my gear and every piece of gear i've looked at was there last year, so i missed out on it then.

I'm looking forward to being able to lift up the gear and see it as its meant to be shown.

Interesting!
    Like what Jonny?
    Most of the companies I spoke to last year reckoned it wasn't really worth their while and suggested that they might not be there this year.
    Because of that I didn't pay any attention this year - perhaps I should?

While I quite enjoy the look around I feel the way to buy gear is to use it beforehand in your own set up.

• Advertisement

No
    PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Interesting!
    Like what Jonny?
    Most of the companies I spoke to last year reckoned it wasn't really worth their while and suggested that they might not be there this year.
    Because of that I didn't pay any attention this year - perhaps I should?

While I quite enjoy the look around I feel the way to buy gear is to use it beforehand in your own set up.

Well, amps, speakers, lights, desks. Some of the stands i'll be hoping to get too are.

Lab Gruppan, Martin, Allen & Heath, Digi Design, Numark(To complain directly :D).

Just stuff i'm looking at getting now. But its nice to lift stuff up to see how heavy it is and see things in action etc.

I went to TBMC once before for a Pro Tools night. I asked the guys ton's of questions about C24, hd systems etc. Got straight answers and it really helped. So i am hoping i can do the same there.

Now i know they to don't tend to have the older models of stuff there, but there never shy about telling you about there entire range.

I've talked to people who where there last year, I feel its worth the trip.

Well, amps, speakers, lights, desks. Some of the stands i'll be hoping to get too are.

Lab Gruppan, Martin, Allen & Heath, Digi Design, Numark(To complain directly :D).

Just stuff i'm looking at getting now. But its nice to lift stuff up to see how heavy it is and see things in action etc.

I went to TBMC once before for a Pro Tools night. I asked the guys ton's of questions about C24, hd systems etc. Got straight answers and it really helped. So i am hoping i can do the same there.

Now i know they to don't tend to have the older models of stuff there, but there never shy about telling you about there entire range.

I've talked to people who where there last year, I feel its worth the trip.

Ah yes! I meant the Recording related companies , who were represented quite a bit, but less so now.

I agree about the value of talking to the Manufacturers directly ok, lookin them straight in the eye! - though in the context of a trade show the poor lads are usually cross eyed with boredom after the first day!

No
    Well recording related stuff would be,

Digidesign, Logic's Stand, M-audio, Sound craft plus a good few others.

There is also the free be's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No
    PLASA ain't really aimed at the recording sector to be fair, although I'm sure there's plenty of products that cross the border into studioland. But if you're into the live side of things, it seems to be the best you can get without venturing over to Musikmesse or NAMM etc.

Savman wrote: »
    PLASA ain't really aimed at the recording sector to be fair, although I'm sure there's plenty of products that cross the border into studioland. But if you're into the live side of things, it seems to be the best you can get without venturing over to Musikmesse or NAMM etc.

Aye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Plasa shmasa
    Sounds cool but i really doubt i'll be able to go this year.. Might be busy with some other stuff here in Dublin...
    Maybe next year?...

I trust no-one was excited enough to make a follow up post ?

Advertisement