Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett prebuild opinions??

Options
  • 19-05-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get this from Komplett but I just need to know if it's worth the 960 bucks. It's based on the Komplete i20 gamer prebuild. I would prefer to get a prebuild as I've never built a pc before, and am a little lazy:

Opinions would be great. It's for home use to play the latest games and gerneral faffing about on.

Gigabyte Triton 180 Black
    Corsair Powersupply 550W Bulk, black,
    MSI P35 NEO-F, P35, Socket-775, DDR2,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB GDDR3, HDCP,
    Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7200S, 20x, SATA,
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

I have never used Komplett's prebuild service but from reading the posts here everyone raves about Hardwareversand.de and how much cheaper their custom builds are.
    Check it out, doesn't cost anything to look.
    And btw u should really build it yourself, I went for a build and half the work is in selection of components, which you're doing anyway, you'll assemble it yourself in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

The whole idea of me getting a prebuild was to save me the hassle of building it myself and installing the OS. I know it's "not that hard" but knowing me , i'd feck it up and bollix the pc up 4ever. Also getting a prebuild lets me choose components that are gauranteed to be compatible. I'm not too savvy on which MOBO will go with which Processor / RAM / GPU etc. Getting them to install OS mean no hassle of partitioning, authentication etc
    I did have a look on Hardwareversand and it seems pretty good. Am I right in thinking they have a better selection of everything than komplett?

Advertisement