Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who's good for insurance...

Options
  • 19-05-2008 4:06pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a 2002 Civic Type R. I'm 27, now have 2 years no claims bonus.

I'm paying €1000 with XS Direct - fully comp but 4k excess.
    Any recommendations for who might be able to do better?
    Who are you insured with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I recently got insured for the first time on a second provisional. I'm 23 male and it was a bargain at just over 1100 euro with insure.ie. They're a broker and give a number of quotes. My quotes were actually anywhere from 1700-1900 but a huge discount is given if you buy then and there online. The quote actually came from Asgard Motor Policies at Lloyd's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I got insured recently on a 03 1.8 celica, 23 with a full licence but no no-claims bonus and a huge claim behind me, one crowd wanted €3700 (im a girl ffs)

rang quinn direct and they quoted me €1826 fully comp, excess of €190 so happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I got insured recently on a 03 1.8 celica, 23 with a full licence but no no-claims bonus and a huge claim behind me, one crowd wanted €3700 (im a girl ffs)

rang quinn direct and they quoted me €1826 fully comp, excess of €190 so happy days:D
    What? You're a girl? And they had the nerve to give you a high quote at 23 on a performance car with no no-claims and a big claim behind you? The b@stards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

24 , 3 years ncb, full licence, paying 1300 fully comp with quinn direct on a 99 DC2 Integra Type R

quinn will give you a decent quote you will just probably have to ask to speak to a manager as they have a code that changes there quoting system to allow for high powered cars

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Try Eagle Star.
    They insured me - 26 Male on a Focus ST (2.5 Turbo) for €900 - €190 excess
    Next cheapest was €1700 with FBD
    And a lot of insurance co's wouldn't quote me

Mik

• Advertisement
Advertisement