Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTP app for windows; suitable for Vista preferably

• 19-05-2008 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm looking for a wee app to let me use my laptop as a ntp server for a brief period of time for work purposes.

I have AboutTime but it didn't work when used recently ie. the other machine didnt connect to the ntp server running on my laptop {win2k}.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is it not included in windows?

I think you can enable it in [Add Remove Programs]-[Windows Components]...something(have a browse)

You'll also probably have to allow it if you're running a firewall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

kaimera wrote: »
    So I'm looking for a wee app to let me use my laptop as a ntp server for a brief period of time for work purposes.

I have AboutTime but it didn't work when used recently ie. the other machine didnt connect to the ntp server running on my laptop {win2k}.

Any suggestions?

Im not aware of any application for setting up an NTP server, with reference to AboutTime. Did you attempt to point the clients at the time server using net time (placing your time server in the text file).
    Cmd /c net time /setsntp[:NTPServerList]

If you client is a domain machine its going to go straight to the domain controllers before sniffing around your workstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

A colleague found this and confirmed it worked.

30 day trial but I literally only needed it for a minute.

Advertisement