Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoC Minimum Specs

Options
  • 19-05-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Does anyone know the Minimum specs to play this game?

Im hoping I can get it working on my laptop.

Still don't have access to the AoC Forums

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

They cut the forums off to non subscribers.

What are your laptop specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Try this website, select AOC from the drop down menu near the top and it should be able to tell you if your machine will run it, it gives a pretty good analysis of your hardware and if you need to update drivers etc..

www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thats quite a cool little tool

CPU
    Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
    You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz PASS

CPU Speed
    Minimum: 3 GHz
    You Have: 2.19 GHz Performance Rated at 5.43 GHz PASS

System RAM
    Minimum: 1 GB
    You Have: 3.5 GB PASS

Operating System
    Minimum: Windows XP/Vista
    You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition, 32-bit (Build 6000) PASS

Video Card
    Minimum: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c Graphics Card with Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA
    GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon 9800+)
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (GeForce 8600M GT) PASS
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 1008.6 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 4.0
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 4.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: 7.15.11.126 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    You Have: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel PASS

Sound Card Driver Version
    Your driver version number is: 6.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 30 GB
    You Have: 28.3 GB FAIL: Sorry, your computer does not have enough Free Disk Space to meet this minimum requirement.

DVD
    Minimum: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
    You Have: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I only failed the recommended specs cause i dont have Vista...which seems odd. No DX10 i realise, but since i dont have a DX10 card, thats not that big a deal. I really need to get myself more RAM and a new card though (my 1950xt has been struggling lately), so maybe i'll get one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

specs

Dell vostro?

• Advertisement

Yep, its a massive laptop too, size wise.

Its almost too big to be honest but when I got it, I wanted a powerhouse that I could run alot of VM machines off.

How did you guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

That gfx card is going to struggle from what I have seen of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

How did you guess?

coz ive one too :D Great laptops. Although I'll be using my PC for this, you should deffo be able to play the game on medium.

Installed last night and its working fine. As in I can play the game, graphics arent the best but its definately playable.

By the way. Slightly OT but have you got a decent laptop bag for yours? every bag i try from Dell is way to small..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Alternatively - run this (works best for me in IE)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

• Advertisement
Advertisement