Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop and Broadband

• 19-05-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need a laptop and broadband in my house (in Dublin city). I have no laptop and no internet at home at present. All i need them for is to send and receive e-mails, to type letters on Word and most importantly to talk to a friend on Skype, so the laptop need not be a super duper one.

Can anyone recommed any good deals? I know a company advertised a deal lately where they had a cheap laptop if you signed up to their broadband service.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends whether you want to get a phoneline or not?
    Best deal I found for line rental and broadband was from BT.
    If you do not want a land line then a 3g card might suit you.
    Vodafone, 3 and o2 are all providers and have information on their websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Don't need a phoneline, just a laptop and internet. The main reason I need it is to communicate with my girlfriend on Skype, she will be moving away to Poland for 6 months on business and the thoughts of paying for telephone calls to there will be astronomical. Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm a real techical numbskull.

Advertisement