Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time San Andreas: What's the deal with...

• 19-05-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Gangs and territories? Is there any point in investing time in recruiting members, taking over new territories and defending my own? Will I just get respect++ or are there real benefits? Is it just a side issue or will I have to have a certain amount of **** before I can progress?
    What's my character's motivation? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah you'll have to take over the areas of the city to progress through the game. Obviously, your characters motivation is reclaiming the steets in the name of his gang??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You get money too. The more territories you control, the more cash spawns at your grove st. house. I didn't care for the turf wars in SA at all myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

IIRC you need to take over a certain amount of them to progress and open up new missions. The thing is after that point you go off to the other cities and by the time you come you've lost them all anyway so I wouldn't put too much time into it beyond what you need to do to progress.

stevenmu wrote: »
    IIRC you need to take over a certain amount of them to progress and open up new missions. The thing is after that point you go off to the other cities and by the time you come you've lost them all anyway so I wouldn't put too much time into it beyond what you need to do to progress.

Nah...any ones needed to open missions are missions themselves

The benefit?... well you don't get attacked when going abou the place anyway if you can take every one of them, hard to find one or two that were REALLY small!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ah sounds good, I really didn't want to have to go around to loadsa territories for ages attacking/defending when they aren't necessary for the main story missions. As far as I'm concerned ye complete the game when ye get to the end of the main story and that's what I plan to do. I vaguely remember my friend saying before that he spent ages taking over loadsa territory only to lose it when he went onto the next island or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

you need to have a certain level of respect to be able to complete the game,so you probably need something like 30-40% territory control to have enough respect.

you'll try to do a mission and it'll say you do not own enough territory and when u do you'll get a phone call syain 'its game time' or somethin along them lines.

on the flip side its a pain in the arse tryin to keep control because rival gangs will attempt to take control back.

handy tip: the gangs will only try to take back territory when you are in los santos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've actually been enjoying the gang territory stuff, it's strangly addictive... but as I anticipated, as soon as I got out to the country they seem to be gone. I'm not that big a fan of the countryside missions but I guess they wanted to freshen it up a bit and not have it all play out on the streets. I dunno, I'm conflicted because I liked the simplicity of GTA III but I also like the fact that there's a more involving story and more stuff to do in this one.

I took over all the territory in los santos. Theres only one place near an ammunation shop that rival gangs try to take back. It's easy enough to keep hold of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

I took over all the territory in los santos. Theres only one place near an ammunation shop that rival gangs try to take back. It's easy enough to keep hold of it all.

when i played it the gangs attacked everyfeckinwhere and just when you were about to leave and u had to go back..the bastards :p

jcoote wrote: »
    when i played it the gangs attacked everyfeckinwhere and just when you were about to leave and u had to go back..the bastards :p

True but once you take over there's only the one rival gang left and they only tend to attack one area. It's been a good while since I've played san andreas now, but thats what I remember anyway :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement