Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Turning Blanks

Options
  • 19-05-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can someone recommend place to get hold of blanks for turning, Ireland based pref and will take lazer for online/phone - or have a store to call in ?

Ta

Loz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Goughs just off capel st have blanks as does McQuillans. The phoenix park is a trasure trove of scraps of wood if your just looking for something to practise on.
    Don't go cutting down any trees mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

http://www.wood-shed.com deliver, but I don't know what the delivery costs would be like.

Otherwise there's a place I use in Ashford Co. Wicklow for smaller pieces (let me know if that's not too far for you and i can give you his details), or Geoff Tulip, who posts here sometimes, can provide you with some pretty large bowl blanks if you're looking for that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

Hiya Loz,The wood-shed are good got stuff from them Ph. no 04894433833. Lynda Murphy, they will take card or cheque give them a ring. How is the new shed you must have it fitted out by now, Regards Boysie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

Thanks All,

I'll try the wood shed.

Iv'e been turning mainly green wood so far ( without touching my drying pile ) , but stocks are diminishing !!!

Hey Boysie ! - Shed coming along nicely now !!!

S7001442.jpg

S7001440.jpg

Advertisement