Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final

Options
  • 19-05-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

I don't think we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm sure I heard on prenderville this morning (bus drivers fault) that there won't be one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i think that's a limerick thing. the munster folks dont realise the other half of their following is based inthe real capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

Tree wrote: »
    i think that's a limerick thing. the munster folks dont realise the other half of their following is based inthe real capital

in all fairness it shouldnt be munster that have to organise this. Cork City Council should have organised it. They will be the first on the radios monday trying to organise a homecoming parade if they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Xiangjiao

I'd like to think us Cork folk would have a touch more class about us, TBH. By all means, have a homecoming if they win, but they don't even do that on all Ireland hurling final days, a sport with infinitely more popular appeal than rugby.

BTW, anyone hear about the firemen being forced to take down their Toyota flag from the station the other day by the council? Disgraceful! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Xiangjiao wrote: »
    BTW, anyone hear about the firemen being forced to take down their Toyota flag from the station the other day by the council? Disgraceful! :eek:

Well it's their building and they are entitled to make sure that there aren't advertising flags and banners on it. Just like a publican has the right to not allow rugby shirts in his pub.....

On a more serious note - the Council is responsible for enforcing planning laws and they have to be seen to be adhering to these same rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Xiangjiao

parsi wrote: »
    Well it's their building and they are entitled to make sure that there aren't advertising flags and banners on it. Just like a publican has the right to not allow rugby shirts in his pub.....

On a more serious note - the Council is responsible for enforcing planning laws and they have to be seen to be adhering to these same rules.

True- I was messing there a bit, don't know if the flag actually said Toyota or not, but if it did, it had to go.

Anyway, enjoyable game- great atmosphere in the pub for it (not the roundy). Probably around 40% French there, so it was good stuff. I think Kidney's selection was vindicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

johncm wrote: »
    in all fairness it shouldnt be munster that have to organise this. Cork City Council should have organised it. They will be the first on the radios monday trying to organise a homecoming parade if they win.

In fairness to Cork City Council, they have had the homecoming parade organised for the past few weeks. It was going ahead whether they won or lost. It's on tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.

On the Fire Station/Munster flag situation; isn't there a load of munster flags flying from City Hall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

Mr. Tea - are you sure about the homecoming happening tomorrow evening? I can't find any news of it - except the second page of Irish Examiner which says 'tomorrow night' but does this really mean Tuesday? If anyone has any more info could they post it please?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Fair play to Munster for winning the Heinekan cup - well done to the TEAM - Is there anybody else out there who is thourougly pissed off with their overbearing and arrogant supporters.

Munster this an Munster that - an Munster the Fcukin other !! The Fcukin radio was full of their high pitched voices all week end - How they are going to Cardiff/where they are stayin/ what they got up to ...it's fcukin mental like !

Who the fcuk cares ????

I popped €50 on Toulouse in the vain hope that the fcukers might get beat..anyway with the age profile of the team they wont be around much longer and we will be spared..

It's fantastic like ! Munster is my life like......Irish by birth but Munster by grace of God...Like...were all workin class like...

Spare us :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Tbh thats what is like in Limerick, seemingly unlike most places in Ireland its played by all walks of life, I think thats why most ppl find it hard to understand. In Limerick in the toughest of areas, rugby is #01, its defo working class in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Cruijff wrote: »
    Tbh thats what is like in Limerick, seemingly unlike most places in Ireland its played by all walks of life, I think thats why most ppl find it hard to understand. In Limerick in the toughest of areas, rugby is #01, its defo working class in Limerick.

I know that and agree...but my point is why do they have to ram it down our throaths like..you dont get clubs like Saracens, Bath, Wasps etc not to mention the great clubs in the South of France bleating on about how great they are..this seems to be a particularly Munster / Cork trait.

Wer'e Eurppean capital of Culture like .....Real capital ,,like ...Real taoiseach like.

The real pity was that coverage of those windy arshed Munster crew was that it took away from some really good GAA action over the week end.

Anyway ..we will be shut of those braying sh1ts for the Summer.

Not sure your a fan of rugby there Fulton.

But like everyone who wins anything here on this island there is going mileage got out of it, its just the way it is.

Cruijff wrote: »
    Not sure your a fan of rugby there Fulton.

But like everyone who wins anything here on this island there is going mileage got out of it, its just the way it is.

No No Johann - tried to make it really clear in my first post that I had no Problem with the game of Rugby or indeed the Munster team.....its those particular cadre of supporters especially those from COIRKwho quite frankly are a pain in the Butte.

Capeche ???

No No Johann - tried to make it really clear in my first post that I had no Problem with the game of Rugby or indeed the Munster team.....its those particular cadre of supporters especially those from COIRKwho quite frankly are a pain in the Butte.

Capeche ???
    You seem a bit narked ;)

Are Munster fans in Cork really unpleasant or rugby fans on the whole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

Thanks for the info The Scientist. I'll be there in my best annoying Cork Munster fan persona. Might even try a high-pitched voice for the evening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Limerick City Council paid for the big screens, it wasn't arranged by Munster.

Guess Cork is more of a GAA city and the councillors would be worried if they did it for the rugby they'd have to do it for every other GAA game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Fulton Crown, save the trolling for the 'dome, kthxbai.

Advertisement