Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business cards

Options
  • 19-05-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Does anyone know a website or place in dublin that does good quality and resonably priced business cards?

if the is a more suitable category for this query let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

www.vistaprint.ie

Dont know how high quality they are, but worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Printing.com do good quality card stock and the guys in the North Dublin franchise office are pretty cool.

Vistaprint are cheap, but definitely not high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

phi3 wrote: »
    www.vistaprint.ie

Dont know how high quality they are, but worth a look

If you decide to go with these go to vistaprint.com, save on currency

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've been using printing.com and the quality is fine. They're also doing a load of recycled paper / card stuff as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Snap have centres all over the Country so i would presume they're good.

http://www.snapprinting.ie/asp/

Never presume!!

I'm in Waterford and was looking for business cards last year, I rang snap looking for prices and lead times. I spoke to a girl who was it turns out the manager. She couldn't give me a price and said she would get back to me. I went elsewhere (local printer, Vinny Nolan) placed my order and all that. Next day I got an email with a quote but ending with "I will be out of the office until" 7 days later, if you want leave a message.

I found it unbelieveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Slimbo

Try DC Print in Tallaght,near the square.
    Just got lots of flyers and cards,great quality and the best price I found after getting quotes from 6 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I've yet to meet someone that isn't bowled over by my moo.com card. Not suitable for every industry however.

Moo cards suck because they don't fit into business card cases, makes it hard to sort with the rest of the hundreds of cards you normally pick up during the course of a year or 2 doing business.

I would not recommend Snap, and wouldn't assume a company is good because they have a lot of branches around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

I used vistaprint several times:

Much cheaper and much faster turaround than the high street shops and much more convenient. Because it;s all online ; no artwork reviews and quotation hoops and loops cos someone's gone to lunch. Conduct it all from your desk.

Be prepared to select you own artwwork from templates or submit your own artwork / logo. As with high street offerings be careful to ensure your are happy with the final proof before you submit your order.

Spin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I used vistaprint to try them out ... its not bad .. its not great either and you'll want to know what you're doing I think before going to them unless you're just using a template. I'd recommend you get the higher quality paper and not the free ones :D (as they'll have vistaprint branding all over the back)

I ended up using snap printing a few months back as I needed things in a hurry ... and I'm quite happy with the quality ... price I think was about 150 EUR which I find quite high ... but then I needed them practically next day and they obliged ... have had good feedback on the cards and quality of paper as well.

I'm going to have to get more done up though and would prefer to use another crowd if possible as 150 is a big chunk of change. ( I do realise they have overheads and so on though so I know where they are gettin the price from)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Trojan wrote: »
    Moo cards suck because they don't fit into business card cases
    And because they're ridiculous looking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Sowra

thats great thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

dahamsta wrote: »
    And because they're ridiculous looking...

I think it'd really depend on your target audience .... I find them quite cool ...but as was said .. it'd be annoying fitting them into a wallet / business card holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Moo cards are memorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Just ordered my first set of business cards from Vistaprint.ie on Sunday... kinda excited about them arriving! Hopefully they'll look good!

Anyone know how long they take to arrive actually? I just did the normal 14 day one, not in a major rush so didn't go for priority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

The print quality of Moo cards is very high. That said, the reactions I've had to them have been very poor. If you are handing them out in bad light (in a bar, say) or to older people whose eyesight is fading they are close to unreadable because of the tiny text.

If you are giving your cards out to young web designers then fine. Otherwise, go for a conventionally-sized card.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

Just ordered my first set of business cards from Vistaprint.ie on Sunday... kinda excited about them arriving! Hopefully they'll look good!

Anyone know how long they take to arrive actually? I just did the normal 14 day one, not in a major rush so didn't go for priority

Ordered some back in March and they took about 3 weeks to arrive. The quality of the cards are fine, went with the thicker paper. But don't be in a hurry for them if you are on standard delivery :)

A.

blacknight wrote: »
    Moo cards are memorable
    Agreed.

"That card was really memorable. I just wish I hadn't lost it, I wonder who it was...".

adrian.s wrote: »
    Ordered some back in March and they took about 3 weeks to arrive. The quality of the cards are fine, went with the thicker paper. But don't be in a hurry for them if you are on standard delivery :)

A.

Cool, thanks. Yeah I am and I amn't in a hurry. have exams to get over and done with before i market my business properly.. a few weeks isn't gonna hurt too much!!

I got a mail to say they'd been dispatched so was just wondering!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irish_business

printing.com on Dorset st doing a special offer at the moment 1000 cards for 142euro full colour both side, good card also

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

i second vista.
    I dabble a bit with Photoshop and Illustrator and vista allow me to upload what I want and get it printed - no messing around.

I've just received my latest order in from them and it consisted of:

Premium Business Cards x 500 (Glossy finish)
    Custom Business Cards x 500 (matt finish)
    Postcards x 1000 (glossy finish)
    Note Pads with business logo x 5
    Large Rubber Stamps with Business logo x 3 (handy to have!)
    Letterheads x 250
    Window Decal x 2

All for under €300!

The quality of them is great and you pay for what you get. Like for example the premium business cards are faultless but the custom ones area bit on the flimsy but cost alot less.

The window decal (large sticker) is great. I'm delighted with these.

I selected standard delivery (you can chose fast, standard or slow, depending on how fast you need it) and it arrived within 5 days.

Came from the netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Wow so much hatred pour le moo. Still hasn't dented my opinion of them and they suit my business perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SilverMaT

professional business card is very important for a business

<snippped>

SilverMaT wrote: »
    professional business card is very important for a business

<snipped>

why thank you for that 'gem' sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Just received my cards from Vistaprint, very pleased with them and arrived in 10 days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jerryob

I used Vistaprint for the first time, largely based on recommendations from this thread. Very happy with them. I ordered them on last Monday evening, signed up for standard 14 day delivery, yet they arrived this morning, Thursday, less than three days later.
    All 500 though had an annoying printing error, whereby a slight blue streak ran from upper centre to right centre of card. It still could be passed off as professional. However, I informed Vistaprint of this, and within 3 hours they had printed off 500 more, and put in post with priority delivery, all for free.
    Word of advice - go for the thick card - well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kurttt

Totally disagree with the above.

I assuming if your worried about business cards then your at start up, so excuse this assumption if i'm wrong.

1. You don't need letter headed paper etc. (Hint your printer can do logo's too, big businesses don't use letter headed paper).

2. I recommend using Reads. 100 business cards for 25 Euro or 500 for 65 Euro. Saying that, you should just go 100 business cards the first time. Chances are you might want to change the things like logo, tag line, phone number etc. Reads did my design for 10 Euro.

Advertisement