Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical alert bracelet

Options
  • 19-05-2008 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

What should I get engraved on a medical alert bracelet ?

I was thinking :
    John Doe
    01-June-1999
    Type 1 Diabetic
    is that standard ? any other information like blood group or something ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

phone number for next of kin?

ICE 124-432-453 (FATHER)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

My gf got me some silver dog tags due to some of the activities I engage in. I just have name, DOB and blood group. As a member of the civil defense we trained in our first aid to looking for such jewellery so in my opinion a worth while investment, whether you go for tags or a bracelet. Also as thb noted some people go for a contact for next of kin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

it needs to state your medical condition if you have any clearly for it to be worthwhile - we look for these in A&E and yes, they make the task so much faster to figure out. Contact numbers are also helpful as you can get the background story from the next of kin too - but are not always standard to my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

cheers for the advice guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I got

John Doe
    xx-yy-zzzz
    type 1 diabetic

the problem wiht next of kin is if i move back to the uk then the number wont work plus it could be very long to do 00 353 41 1234555 on it + 'mother'

I got 2 dog tags from america for about E10/$15 they will suit me grand i think and are a bit funky. A bracelet would only get in my way and is a bit obvious... i dont need the world knowing lol

Thanks again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

I've read a suggestion, which I think makes sense, to have an ICE number under ICE on your mobile. If you do that with a +353 XXX XXXX then you get around the being abroad issue.

Advertisement