Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Disc Scratched ----X Box360

• 19-05-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

A week after buying GTA for my Xbox it showed up a disc error and would not play. On removing the disc from the console (horizontally placed) there were a number of scratches around the disc.

Returned to the shop. Assistant implied that the console was moved while playing the game. The console sits on the floor and would not be touched because of the use of wireless controllers so this could not have happened.

I questioned if the disc may have been faulty and it was exchanged.

Now the same thing has happened to the 2nd disc. Is this a fault with the Xbox or the discs used for GTA? All other games are still playing perfectly and do not have any scratches. The Xbox is 5 months old.

Any opionions please.

Steadyeddie08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well if it's not being touched like you said then it has to be the machine?! Could be one of those anit-GTA groups coming into your house and scratching it on ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

I heard about some faulty xbox 360 scratching games but if it hasent happened to any other games then its a strange one anyone else that might be playing it when ur out or maybe if it was on and u left it for a sec someone might have knocked it over and picked it up so u wouldn't know
    Most likely not but hey im helping YAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Happened to one of my games.. Your better off having it flat not standing up less chance of it happening then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

same happend to my oblivion disc,every other game worked fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My last 360 scratched a 99 nights game and my forza 2 game so they wouldn't play anymore. I bought another copy of Forza 2 and traded 99 nights for a euro I think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i've had 2 xboxs that did this,one was a core and the other was an elite.

the core started scratchin just 1 game and after it ruined a 2nd disc i just gave up.

the elite was brought straight back to the shop,keep an eye on it u don't want it strectching into games u no longer have reciepts for,its a severe pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think the fact that most 360s' come with Benq drives shows Ms knows this is a problem with the other drives scratching discs despite their "you moved the console" official stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

This happened to an oblivion game i had, and was caused by me deciding to stand up the xbox up midgame from its lying position. Me thinks someones been messing around with your xbox while you were out maybe???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sputnicks

I had a PES6 scracthed to bits but no other games damaged how does that happen :confused:

Advertisement