Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach party

Options
  • 19-05-2008 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Rumour has it there's another beach party on tonight in the same spot if anyone is interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Where's the spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Friday nights one was mental, managed to tear myself away and stumble home at 7am, and yes i stood out like a sore thumb amongst a group of surfers wearing four inch stilettos and a dress! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

dafunk wrote: »
    Where's the spot?

You have to be in the know to know. Cool people only sorry.:p

(Claddagh beach)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

So I was told by one of the french lads I went charging into the bay with at the last one. I'm averaging one drunken late night bay swim a weekend since, so got to keep with tradition! At least until the whole drowning bit happens.

Speaking of bays, aren't you in San Francisco?

Edit: And I just realized the original post was like 2 weeks old. Well, regardless, heard rumors of one on tonight, weather permitting. Though this is my first summer in Galway - I'm getting the impression there's rumors of a bonfire pretty much anytime it's not raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If you drown, there's a chance it will be me plucking your body out of the water with a hook, you cunt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

yeah its on the spainish armada that live on dominick st are all up for it....fire twirlers an all
    stilleteo wearing girlds are all ways welcome

Yeah man I'm in SF!:D Living in bayview, right beside the muni so not that ghettoish but i'm still calling it the ghetto to keep it real and whatnot.

It's class, full of crazy bastards! Some cool dude named Bob (looks like how he sounds) gave us a free tv for our house today and a bike and he dropped us out with the tv in his '63 ford convertible! Brilliant.

Still can't buy booze though :( I'm getting a 'delivery' ahem ahem tomorrow. Huzzah.

How be galway?

I just jacked my own thread.

Bayview def was the ghetto, though the new muni down there changed it a bit. Good bit of warehouse parties and artist workshops down that way.

SF is great for second hand stuff. Craigslist free stuff is a goldmine. We once got a near perfect leather couch set off the street corner where had been put out for collection. Goodwill and other charity shops often have a great selection of clothes (versus the 'someones granny died and their clothes got donated' selection they generally have in other parts of the country).

Oh, and to keep with the theme of the thread - ocean beach, from golden gate park north to the cliff house - is generally a string of beach bonfires, esp on a weekend night. Don't park in the beach parking lot tho, since you'll get ticketed, and if the police do get enough energy to actually walk down on the beach, ya may get your id checked if you were drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sneezymonica

grasshopa wrote: »
    Rumour has it there's another beach party on tonight in the same spot if anyone is interested

Ohhh, to be back in Galway at beach parties....those were the days :)

• Advertisement

tristanc wrote: »
    Oh, and to keep with the theme of the thread - ocean beach, from golden gate park north to the cliff house - is generally a string of beach bonfires, esp on a weekend night. Don't park in the beach parking lot tho, since you'll get ticketed, and if the police do get enough energy to actually walk down on the beach, ya may get your id checked if you were drinking.

Thanks for that, sounds like fun. Started with these "save the earth" dudes today hassling people on the streets to sign up and give me money. Lasted two hours. My heart just wasn't in it unlike the other super-duper go-getters there.

Went up to the haight the last day. That was mad. Cool place you have here though they deport me in two weeks if I don't have a job :(:(:( I will no go back to home country, i get more money off amereeecan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

haha you should get deported just for the fact you can say yeah America couldn't handle my wildness and had to deport me for reasons of national security!

Ugh, I've known several people driven to deep depression by those signature/donation collecting gigs. Supermarket bag boy? Hotel Receptionist? Those are the gigs that mates seemed to pick up the easiest when they were looking. If you've got passable ms office skills and can claim previous phone/dealing-with-public experience, register with the 20 bazillion temp agencies around and get a generic reception job for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Many beach parties going on lately or has it died down with the weather not been as fantastic as before? Any word on when the next one is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

I don't think they're planned much in advance, usually on the night I'd say. I only hear about them on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

is there not one this saturday, it being the solstice and all!?:D

there is a party outdoors this weekend, more than likely after the solstice parade on saturday , weather permitting of course, its a friends birthday and she is trying hard to clebrate it with as many as possible, people who like to party will find it...she has the equipment and local proper dj's...all thats needed is a secluded wood/beach/field and defo not that roscam place i like my ears they help me listen

obviously the location will not be posted...jus word of mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

yes, i understand!
    bit far out of town tho!

pm with suggestions ....all are welcome and will be looked at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FuzzyWool

Heard there's going to be a beach party this Sat night, usual spot.. Not sure how it'll go down though what with all the Ocean Race stuff happening, bound to be a good few gardai around that spot! Still, weather permitting it should be a good laugh.. will have to buy alcohol in advance and hide it under the priest's car again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

..................and hide it under the priest's car again

Watch your back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

C-J wrote: »
    Friday nights one was mental, managed to tear myself away and stumble home at 7am, and yes i stood out like a sore thumb amongst a group of surfers wearing four inch stilettos and a dress! :D

I'd say the surfers in the stilettos and a dress fairly stood out themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

looks at post date...

its claddage beach every weekend there is a beach party, orginised by some randomers, and every generation thinking they started the beach parties shinagans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FuzzyWool

toxick wrote: »
    looks at post date...

its claddage beach every weekend there is a beach party, orginised by some randomers, and every generation thinking they started the beach parties shinagans

it's "Claddagh" beach.. and there most certainly is not a beach party every weekend.. I live across from the place! Also I'm not sure anybody claims to start the parties.. they happen dude. Come or don't come.. if you're the type who turns up and starts going on about how they were better back in "your day".. then stay away. Or whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

when the weathers right theres allways, something on down there and its been goin on for donkey years! its just that there not as good anymore:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

FuzzyWool wrote: »
    it's "Claddagh" beach.. and there most certainly is not a beach party every weekend.. I live across from the place! Also I'm not sure anybody claims to start the parties.. they happen dude. Come or don't come.. if you're the type who turns up and starts going on about how they were better back in "your day".. then stay away. Or whatever..

Sorry for mispelling.. looking at my post i say you can find some more miss spelt words... Go for it!.

When did i say that the parties were better in "my day", actually when did i say that they were bad?

But congrats on living in claddagh. Not much people live there.... oh wait.

Anyways dead post, its a year old. leave it die

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

FuzzyWool wrote: »

Yeah you're right - just quit it with the negative vibes - we'll beach party to stick it to the man:cool:

Advertisement