Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lost provisional license

Options
  • 19-05-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

basically i lost my provisional licence the other night (messy night!) and i was wondering if theres much hassle gettin a new one. i passed my driving test lately so only need it to apply for the full licence or is it even needed to do this?
    not sure if this is in the right sub-forum but thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just apply for the full one, they have computer records of your provisional one at the motor vehicle registration office. You might need to get a duplicate license replacement D.800 form and have it stamped at a cop station before they will issue you with a new one. You also need two photos. Maybe its just as well you lost it because if you don't hand in your cert of competency in on time you will have to do the test again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

i passed my driving test lately so only need it to apply for the full licence or is it even needed to do this?
    Note there is a strict time limit after you test before which you must apply for the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not sure, but I think you may have to report it as missing/lost/stolen to the Gardaí before you can apply for a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I think you'll have to report it lost. You need, among the other stuff, to send your prov lic with your application for full licence. So I image they'll accept a garda report that it was lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Victor wrote: »
    Note there is a strict time limit after you test before which you must apply for the licence.
    Within 2 years of the Certificate of Competency being issued.

OP - you need to fill in a D800 form and get it signed and stamped at your local Garda Station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement