Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total Number of Cylon [SPOILERS]

• 19-05-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

oK. These spoilers cover up to season 4 episode 2 btw
    The cylons took a vote on what to do about the raiders. With the 3's boxed it was tied 3-3. with the help of only one model (an Eight called boomer) the vote was swayed so to me this means that `1.There is an equil number of each model (or was an equil number of each model, with the destruction of the ressurection ship, and the death of Gina (6 from pegasus) this would have left them one cylon short when the vote comes along (season 4) Remember the tward end of season 2? when pegasus comanded by the engineer they gave one of the basestars a besting had to have killed atleast one skin job...

Anyway what is the story? am i missing anything? any clues to cylon numbers? any others who have died that couldnt have ressurected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Tigh did mention
    billions
    in S04E07.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye i only cought that after i posted the topic but in reality how the frak does he know? in the 40 year gap all the humans did was send one ship over the line which was captured so they have no intel as to cylon numbers.

Ithink it was just an arbitary figure ()is that how you spell arbatary?)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Boomer swinging the vote does not necessarily mean there the same number of each model. That seems rather unlikely to me.

They were voting along model lines so the total numbers of each model was irrelevant. Boomer going against her model effectively meant she was separate to them, making the vote 4:3, or 3:3 minus one.

ye so 3-3 minus one = indivudual numbers do matter.
    I got the impression there where equil numbers of each model, each model would reach a consesus amung themselves then put forward their vote which caused the tie. Then one model changing her vote to go against her model is something that has never happened before.

2.5 million vote one way and 2.7 million women vote another, how could one vote (fronm the 2.7 million) swing the vote to no if she change dher mind? one would assume the cylons would have mathmathacally sound way of working out decisions. Thats why i assumed equil numbers so say 2.5 mllions cylons vote to labotomise the raiders and 2.5 million vote no. Thats the tie and the boomer changed it to a yes vote because she increased the count of the yes vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

If there are equal numbers of each model then the Boomer/Athena and Natalie/Caprica models would automatically lose because both models are down an individual. Athena and Caprica are with the colonial fleet and therefore cannot cast a vote.

• Advertisement

good point but i was thinking other models might have died out of ressurection ship range, for example two cavils at the end of season two. No ressurection ship so that puts them down two votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm sorry, but its assume that they have individual votes for each member of the human model lines. Its as Pepe LeFrits or more or less. Each line is given one vote, but when one model goes against their line (something that has never happened before) they had to take it as an entirely seperate line or vote. Thus making it 4:3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I took it to be 3:3-1 myself. Basically 5 models were all unanimous and one model-line was contested. So the vote of that model line would be discounted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

maybe, like in the Dail, they observe some sort of standing order whereby if one model cannot vote while on some sort of Cylon duty (like whatever their equivalent to a St Patrick's Day might be) the corresponding member of another model abstains from voting also?

Advertisement