Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

champions league final

Options
  • 19-05-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

can anyone suggest a good bar in the city centre to watch the match on wednesday? somewhere with a big screen/loads of tvs with a bit of an atmosphere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Sinnott's. Beside Stephen's Green SC/across from The Gaiety. Can have a touch-and-go crowd at times (yuppie types) but generally its been good for the Champions League so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Proxy wrote: »
    Sinnott's. Beside Stephen's Green SC/across from The Gaiety. Can have a touch-and-go crowd at times (yuppie types) but generally its been good for the Champions League so far.

First place that came to my mind too...might be there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Proxy wrote: »
    LOL if your definition of 'yuppie types' are the clientele who are normally in there then I don't know what to say :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bluetonic wrote: »
    LOL if your definition of 'yuppie types' are the clientele who are normally in there then I don't know what to say :eek:

In fairness there's a good mixture in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

The Finglas inn....

a wonderous atmosphere I am told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

df1985 wrote: »
    can anyone suggest a good bar in the city centre to watch the match on wednesday? somewhere with a big screen/loads of tvs with a bit of an atmosphere?

hmm... Sinnotts would be my first choice also as i watched the premier league finals there but i can't make it on wednesday as i sprained my ankle...

Advice; go early cause the place is packed early and can be a pain to get seats

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

Buskers on Fleet Street is a good place to watch big matches ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

tried sinnotts last year for the final, there was a queue at 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

C'mon everybody get your thinking caps on, just over 24 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Just get a few cans and watch it at home, you won't experience an atmosphere anywhere else apart from the ground itself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

Jay D wrote: »
    The Finglas inn....

a wonderous atmosphere I am told.

hahahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

raheny red wrote: »
    you won't experience an atmosphere anywhere else apart from the ground itself...

And that's even pushing it.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

So many put on English accents it was laughable.

Advertisement