Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

song ericson k850i.Is it anygood?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

If you have a differenet SIM just put it in and you will get asked Language again

Or Press * Right soft key (To unlock phone)
    Middle Soft key (To enter menu)
    Press # (Enter General)
    Press 3 Enter Language)
    Press 1 (Phone Language)
    English is the third one down, if that doesnt work, try first one (According to SIM)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thanks, got it in the end anyway.

Cheers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

Yes whatever way Vodafone have it locked when you try to upgrade firmware you will be told you already have the most up to date firmware. You will have to debrand it to upgrade firmware.

how do you "debrand" the phone?

Goto somewhere like davinciteam.eu or kulankendi.com
    So you can remove the nasty Vodafone logos and icons on your phone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

billbond4 wrote: »
    Think I will be upgrading my K850i to the C905 at the end of the year.

Not too pushed about 8.1 megapixels, but GPS, Wifi and TV are very good features to have

The C905 is the latest camera offering from Sony Ericsson featuring a fully spec’d 8.1 mega pixel camera with auto focus, face recognition, a new feature called Smart Contrast, image stabilization, BestPic, red-eye reduction, xenon flash as well as photoflash for both photos and videos. It’s got a video stabilizer feature as well. You can geo-tag your photos with the built-in GPS with further support for A-GPS, and the large camera resolution makes it possible to do prints in up to A3 sizes! Your photos will automatically flip to landscape mode, when you tilt your phone, as it’s got a built-in accelerometer. You’ll be able to watch your photos on a beautiful 2.4 inch QVGA-resolution scratch-resistant mineral glass TFT display. Feel like sharing your photos on a TV-set? That’s possible as well with the TV-Out Cable ITC-60, also to be announced on the 17th.

That’s not all, though… C905 will be the first feature phone by Sony Ericsson to sport built-in WiFi with DLNA-support, so all media in your home can be shared. It’s also got the latest in Bluetooth connections, supports USB 2.0 data transfers, and can be synchronized with Exchange ActiveSync.

The Sony Ericsson C905 measures 104 x 49 x 18 (19.5) millimetres, and weighs a massive 136 grams. It’ll be available in Copper Gold, Ice Silver & Night Black in early Q4, with a bundled 2 GB Memory Stick Micro M2. It comes in three variants, two with full support for UMTS and HSDPA in the certain regions (even America). The battery is good for 380 hours of standby or 9 hours of talk on GSM networks, or 360 hours of standby or 4 hours of talk on 3G networks.

Thats what I might hold out to.

Any idea on price and availability?

• Advertisement

Early Q3, so from October it should be available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nice! It seems too good to be true tho! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭JimG

Is there any way to force a Sony Ericsson to start in Normal Mode by default?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

Yeah go to settings > General> Flight Mode> Select Don't show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭JimG

Now why couldn't I find that!! Thanks, Leche.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

K850i Red CID52 1202-5694 R1FA035 CUSTOMIZED UK/ BLUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Man, came across the slideshow/picture emotion modes today. :D

(happy/sad/romantic etc...)

Hilarious!! Great little phone

The term little is used loosely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Does anyone have any experience in what the warrenty situation is with phones bought off ebay?

Mine has developed some sort of problem on the screen, I dont even know what to call it. Its like a scratch, or distortion, but under the screen. Just want to have some idea before I email the seller to see if I can get anything done about it.

Just got it back from the repairs place & all looks good. Can anyone tell me whats the latest firmware version though? Its on R1FA035

Thats the latest version

Thanks man :)

I only realised yesterday that I hadnt set up my phone to recieve mms since I got it back from the repair place, but it isnt going smoothly. I was onto customer care & got the settings sent out but they dont seem to work, which is odd, the automatic settings worked fine before. It sends mms fine.

Is anyone else able to send mms with this handset on meteor, & if so are you on firmware R1FA035? (this is the only thing I can think of thats changed)

Can anyone help out? Billbond or Grumpy?

• Advertisement

I was able to do if for a meteor sim card, I just put the sim card in and texted settings to 50047.
    Do you have the MMS profile that meteor setup active (Messaging--> MMS --> Settings)

Just tried getting the settings that way, same result. Are you on the R1FA035 firmware billbond? This is quite annoying, One chap on cust services even went through the settings line by line with me & their perfect. I cant see a reason for this not to work.

I had R1F035 on a K850i and just downloaded the MMS Settings, but didnt try it out.
    Have your turned your phone on and off?

Yep. Turned it off for 30 mins to see if it would make a diff, the only thing I can think to do is try another sim in the handset, which ill do this weekend, just on the off chance the sim is dodgy, but its a new one I just got for meteors 3G trial, & it worked fine before the handset went away for repair, so I doubt its that.

Ive tried a master settings reset too btw & that didnt sort it. :eek: Not much I can think of beyond that to fix it.

I managed to get this sorted, over the weekend I tried a mates sim in my phone & it worked no probs, tried my sim in his handset & it didnt, which means it had to be a problem with my sim/ or on my account. Rang meteor yesterday & they acknowledged their might be a problem on the account, & escalated it to tech. A few hours later settings arrived which fixed the problem. Happy days. Bit of a pain that they let it drag on that long before they escalated it though.

Thanks for the help BillBond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I recently ported over to O2 and got the SE K850i. Pretty happy with it so far though I do dislike the way fingerprints show up on it 2 seconds after handling it.

Anyway, I checked the software version and it says the following:

1200-4400
    R1CA037

When I perform an update through the phone it says I have the latest?

Is this because it is not an unbranded phone?

Is unbranding the only way I can update the software?

Try installing SEUS (from the sonyericsson website) and then doing an update I think O2 IRL should be using a later firmware.
    If not then you should debrand and take the latest R1F firmware

Advertisement