Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Beta Client to Retail Client

Options
  • 19-05-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Guys was recently searching the net for a way of getting my beta client to retail client and came across a thread on possibly how to do it. When I went to log in to check it said my account was banned funny stuff to be honest because i never posted there in my life..

So if anyone has access to the forum here is the link. Can you possibly past the guide below if possible aswell.

Thanks alot!

forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=67202

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You have to log into the forums now. Easiest thing to do is to use the "cached" link from google instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thread says you can't patch to retail client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Steven_in_Cork

Hi,

its possible to patch it to retail client.
    The difference is quite small.

edit your beta LocalConfig.xml in your AoC dir..

replace it with this

For EU-Release-Client

<HttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-eu-update.live.ageofconan.com/upm </HttpPatchAddr>
    <ClientHttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-eu-gameupdate.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ClientHttpPatchAddr>
    <HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveEU </HttpPatchFolder>
    <UniverseAddr> aoc-eu.live.ageofconan.com:7000 </UniverseAddr>
    <DevName> conan </DevName>
    <UniverseVersion> 2 </UniverseVersion>
    <PatchVersion> 17 </PatchVersion>

But considering there was soooo many patches in beta, you have a lot of junk in your beta client folder.
    Up to 15-25GB depending on when you played beta and how long.
    A clean install would be recommended but is not essential.

regards

Advertisement