Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request to change soccer access rules

Options
  • 19-05-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I think having to be here for a month and post 50 times is unnecessary, the boards are well modded so if someone steps out of line they can be banned from it straight away. Theres no need to enforce unnecessary restrictions on everyone who joins boards. I feel this is prejudiced and just plain wrong.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It used to be like that, and no matter how good the modding was the place went to hell in a handbasket. In fact, the forum once had to be closed it got so bad. The system thats in place as it is was put in to stop such a thing happening again.

Sometimes, looking at some of the threads here, I wonder if the rules don't need to be tightened rather than loosened...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'm not going to look for them now, but look at DesF's sig for links to two threads in point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jog On Cnut

It used to be like that, and no matter how good the modding was the place went to hell in a handbasket. In fact, the forum once had to be closed it got so bad. The system thats in place as it is was put in to stop such a thing happening again.

Sometimes, looking at some of the threads here, I wonder if the rules don't need to be tightened rather than loosened...

That was probably in the days when no one got banned, nowadays you get banned for calling someone a silly sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Rules in place are for a reason, there is so much surrounding the Soccer forum.

The rules in the general work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

if you're such a good user and you're not a spammer, you'll be happy nto contribute to the rest of the website with <40 posts over the next week, and then you may apply.

• Advertisement

nevf wrote: »
    if you're such a good user and you're not a spammer, you'll be happy nto contribute to the rest of the website with <40 posts over the next week, and then you may apply.

The 50 post rule encourages spamming though, and I want access soon because the football season will be over soon, and I don't want to talk about euro 2008 because I'll be out of the country without access to internet for that.

The 50 post rule encourages spamming though, and I want access soon because the football season will be over soon, and I don't want to talk about euro 2008 because I'll be out of the country without access to internet for that.
    Sh!t Happens!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just because you want it doesn't mean you will get it!! :p

No it doesn't. It's less than two posts a day for a new user.

Have you read those threads, or just thrown a comment about what they may or may not consist of?

The rules are in place for a good reason. I questioned the raison d'etre myself at one time, but have realised that they were and are very necessary.

One man and his minor inconveniences are no reason to change the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Read the OP's post history*. I'm sure he'll be a fine upstanding member of the community**.

* on this account
    ** lies

• Advertisement

One man and his minor inconveniences are no reason to change the rules.

yes it is

I'm aware of the history jb;)

Jog on Cnut: Poor troll, reeks of fail, must try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yes it is

lol

as someone who frequents the soccer forum more than anywhere else on this site I can tell you these rules are very much necessary, no matter how much of an inconvenience they may seem. it stops people re-registering and spamming the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The OP reported me for baiting him in n00bs & FAQ.

;_;

How he knew about baiting i'll never know...

Soccer works the way it is. If it aint broke...

I'm aware of the history jb;)

Jog on Cnut: Poor troll, reeks of fail, must try harder.

And exactly what posts back this up? You can't provide any can you? Because I'm not a troll. But if any of my posts ever cause you offence be sure to write a letter of complaint and address it to the back of my sack.

And exactly what posts back this up? You can't provide any can you? Because I'm not a troll. But if any of my posts ever cause you offence be sure to write a letter of complaint and address it to the back of my sack.
    You have just shot yourself completely with the "back of your sack" comment.

Cruijff wrote: »
    You have just shot yourself completely with the "back of your sack" comment.

how so Ted?

You'll find a post it stuck to the tip of my size ten hobnail.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Theres no need to enforce unnecessary restrictions on everyone who joins boards.
    It's only for the soccer forum, which is where it is needed.
    I feel this is prejudiced
    No judgement involved, not quite sure why you think that is the case. The forum is setting out requirements just like boards.ie sets out the requirement that you have to have an email address to post on 95% of the fora here. That's all, we're not judging you at all :)
    and just plain wrong.
    Wrong? What is wrong about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is one of the tards from the other day.

Why is it being tolerated again?

Roundy, I thought you would have spotted it sooner.

Now, jog on. :pac:

I recognised the line from something you said on Friday, iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sherifu wrote: »

Soccer works the way it is. If it aint broke...

Yes it runs like clockwork.

DesF wrote: »
    This is one of the tards from the other day.

Why is it being tolerated again?

Roundy, I thought you would have spotted it sooner.

Now, jog on. :pac:

I recognised the line from something you said on Friday, iirc.

Jog on is a phrase herself uses when she's mad at me. She uses it a lot.

I know he's a rereg but he signed up before that other lot IIRC.

Soccer, serious business (especially on Wednesday night).

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Soccer, serious business (especially on Wednesday night).

;)

soccersrsbusfa5.jpg

I just made that, good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

rb_ie wrote: »
    soccersrsbusfa5.jpg

I just made that, good?

Well, I love it. Brings back so many memories; and yes, it IS serious business.

The rules are there in the soccer request thread to keep out trolls and retards. It's not foolproof, but it does help more than no rules.

The soccer forum is too vulnerable to the misdeeds of twats. Hence the rules. They wouldn't be there if they weren't needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Because I'm not a troll. But if any of my posts ever cause you offence be sure to write a letter of complaint and address it to the back of my sack.

Im gona have to use that in my sig !

A LOL @ 05:55, Thanks OP. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

funny-pictures-troll-car-hating.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think having to be here for a month and post 50 times is unnecessary, the boards are well modded so if someone steps out of line they can be banned from it straight away. Theres no need to enforce unnecessary restrictions on everyone who joins boards. I feel this is prejudiced and just plain wrong.

Hi Brian.

nowadays you get banned for calling someone a silly sausage.

You obviously dont know how hurtful calling someone this can be :p

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This has been discussed at length recently, there are no plans to change the current system. Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement