Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible/completed transfers this summer

• 19-05-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

Who is going?
    Who is coming in?
    Any opinions/rumours here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Barca;

Alves, Pique in.

Ronaldinho, Deco, Edmilson, Thuram out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I think we already were writing a lot about those things on other threads for La liga,Calcio,Premiership and premier teams

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Saha to Arsenal apparently for £5m is the strangest one I have seen so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Duff completed a medical at Sundireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

eZe^ wrote: »
    Barca;

Alves, Pique in.

Ronaldinho, Deco, Edmilson, Thuram out.

Alves in? Whats the chances of that? As a United fan I'm still hopeful he will join us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Saha to Arsenal apparently for £5m is the strangest one I have seen so far.

Wha?:eek:....oh **** i just just noticed it said strangest and not strongest!:pac: Jesus that gave me a fright.

The credible ones for Arse so far seem to be Nasri or Ben Arfa, never know with Wenger though. And Hleb out obviously too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

no way arsenal would be shelling out the kind of dough lyon would demand for ben arfa lads

Smegball wrote: »
    Alves in? Whats the chances of that? As a United fan I'm still hopeful he will join us.

His first preference is to stay in Spain, then England, and seeing as Barca have offered about 25 million Id say he'll be here this summer. Never know though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

eZe^ wrote: »
    His first preference is to stay in Spain, then England, and seeing as Barca have offered about 25 million Id say he'll be here this summer. Never know though!

I have my fingers tightly crossed he'll join Utd. But like you said if Barca agree a fee then he's going there, he's keen to stay in Spain.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ben Arfa was told he could leave for any decent offer during the season. He spent a large chunk of it on the bench and is not in Perrin's plans. He's been strongly linked with Marseille, so wouldn't be out of Arsenal's league.

• Advertisement

Ben Arfa was told he could leave for any decent offer during the season. He spent a large chunk of it on the bench and is not in Perrin's plans. He's been strongly linked with Marseille, so wouldn't be out of Arsenal's league.

Realistically, if Arsene grows a pair and decides to spend big this summer, there is no player (looking for a new club) who is out of arenals league. It must get frustrating every now and then for gunners to constantly see their side missing out on gems because of conservatism in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Aquilani to Arsenal rumoured as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Setanta Sports reported that Liverpool have signed Philip Degan on a free.

Where he played before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Where he played before?

Hes the Swiss national second choice right back and played for B.Dortmund.

Philipp Degen,now i remember him,i know that guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SSN say that numerous English papers are reporting that Lampard to Inter for £7 million is a done deal.:eek:

flahavaj wrote: »
    SSN say that numerous English papers are reporting that Lampard to Inter for £7 million is a done deal.:eek:

Sounds like complete bull to me

So much players connected with Inter so far,as i know for Lampard theres already few months rumour he agreed everything with Juventus already....

Tbh I'll be shocked if he's not at Chelsea next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

flahavaj wrote: »

Would be surprised if Lampard left tbh.

Tusky wrote: »
    Hes the Swiss national second choice right back and played for B.Dortmund.

He's only the Swiss second choice right back? He can hardly be great then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

United on the verge of signing 2 French U-16s

Jeremy Helen from Rennes and Darnell Situ from Lens

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3588264,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Pennant to leave Liverpool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Would be surprised if Lampard left tbh.

As would I but I remember last year that all of the papers were adamant that he was going to Juve to link up with Ranieri

ajeffares wrote: »
    Pennant to leave Liverpool?

Remember seeing him in pre season matches for Arsenal and thinking what a talent he was going to be, a real pity, I was surprised when he eventually ended up in Liverpool. I can see them selling him this summer, any thoughts where he might end up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,439 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Remember seeing him in pre season matches for Arsenal and thinking what a talent he was going to be, a real pity, I was surprised when he eventually ended up in Liverpool. I can see them selling him this summer, any thoughts where he might end up?

If he could get his head together and a good run of games he could be a very good player - he was pretty good at Birmingham before his move to Liverpool.

If Bentley leaves Blackburn, Pennant could be a decent shout for them. Maybe Everton and Boro could be in for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Players leaving clubs -
    Man U - Saha
    Ars - Eboue
    Hleb
    Villa - Barry
    Pool - Crouch
    Pennant
    Carson
    Sund - too many to mention ^^
    Chel - Drogba
    Lampard
    Carvalho
    ferraira
    Pizarro
    Sidwell
    Ben Haim
    Blackburn - Bentley
    Everton - Arteta
    Spurs - Robinson
    Berba
    Bent
    Newcastle - Duff
    Viduka

alonso to juve

and the big one ronaldo to real

Still just a rumours.....

• Advertisement

Still just a rumours.....

big posabiliy though

Well all those topics are already disscussed in other threads,someone says its realistic to happen,someone not and all we can do is to wait and see:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's all this about Shay Given being on his way to Arsenal?

http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/newcastleunited/Arsenal-lining-up-move-for.4163735.jp

Would be a dream move for Shay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/newcastleunited/Arsenal-lining-up-move-for.4163735.jp

it would be great to see how good Shay is with defenders that can actually defend infront of him.

Can't see it myself, don't think he is much better than Almunia, we also have
    Fabianski who Wenger rates very highly, I think other areas in the team need to be strengthen, that said I still expect us to sign a keeper,but possibly a third choice keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

About two or thre years ago I reckon Shay'd be well up to the task but with his injury troubles I'm not sure if Wenger would want him.

• Advertisement

About two or thre years ago I reckon Shay'd be well up to the task but with his injury troubles I'm not sure if Wenger would want him.

Have to agree with you, would have been a good signing back then.

Not sure if it was mentioned in another thread, but Ben Arfa's finally signed for Marseille. He'll probably be transfer-listed by Christmas though as I don't see him getting on well with Gerets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Huntelaar linked with Utd on Sky Sports site - just amazed to read he's 24! Thought he was much younger than that.

Not sure if it was mentioned in another thread, but Ben Arfa's finally signed for Marseille. He'll probably be transfer-listed by Christmas though as I don't see him getting on well with Gerets.

Lyon later said transfer isnt completed coz of some mistake,but anyone i dont get whats going on with Lyon to sell players so easily last 2 seasons,and now even to sell one of the best to Marseille???Are they in hard financial crisis?

No, Ben Arfa just refused to come back to training with Lyon until they relented and sold him off. They benched him for most of last season so were cutting their losses basically.

Ajax just broke the Dutch transfer record for some Serbian striker, I think. Unusual for them, and probably ominous for Huntelaar. So will Kees-Jan be a Nistelrooij or a Kezman?

• Advertisement
Advertisement