Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc & Wow

Options
  • 19-05-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having any trouble with WOW tonight on UPC. Im getting rubbish pings, rang them and they said all is fine..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Could just be a problem with your realm, have you asked anyone else on there ?

Also you could always trying pinging an website, then do a tracert on the ip

As an example
    Tracert 213.239.59.103

Then see if one of the hops takes longer then it should, and if indeed it is a upc hop ring them and let them know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've been having the same problem all evening
    Nobody else in my guild is having problems, and someone from Dublin was getting 41ms pings in Shat!
    Getting around 800-900ms at the moment, I've had to give up on battlegrounds for the night and try farming instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I had this problem with EVE a while back and I actually stopped playing it because of it and went back to WOW. I phoned UPC and they told me to call back tomorrow so they can do there tests that will say everything is fine and its probably blizzards fault.. :rolleyes:

Friend of mine is on digiweb and he's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

500ms lag on NTL tonight. :(

I know for a fact BT have been having issues in swords and ratmines areas, but this has nothing to do with upc as BT uses the copper wire network, and upc uses fiber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

You guys who were having trouble last night, were you in Battlegrounds, Outland or instances?

I got stuck in a WSG last night along with everybody else on my team as I got lagged out on my Paladin halfway through capping the last flag to win whereas the guys in my guild who were just sitting outside BT were fine ! lol. So I think a problem with the Battlegroup servers or something.

However if you say that you were just in Outland floating around grinding or something ignore me.

PS What's UPC?

upc is the name of the company that bought out NTL & chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ayreon

NTL here in terenure, and gettin that 650-850ms lag on wow some evenins.

rang em and they are aware of the issue, its happening throughout europe on NTL connections.

NTL say its wow servers and Blizz say it must be NTL.

i think they are workin on it atm, hopefully it will be fixed soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

400-600 pings in the evening past few days using upc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Also having problems with upc + wow. Ping is around 600 - 700 now. Play on outland, believe the data centre is located in sweden. Connection seems fine to everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I am with NTL in North Dublin im getting 98ms in Shat tonight, But 30-50 is normal for me

Blazher wrote: »
    I am with NTL in North Dublin im getting 98ms in Shat tonight, But 30-50 is normal for me
    how can you get 30 the servers are in paris and hamburg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

KilOit wrote: »
    how can you get 30 the servers are in paris and hamburg

Don't have a clue mate, I got the new roll out of 12mb lines but thats about it, My normal ms is 30-50 thats it

Blazher wrote: »
    Don't have a clue mate, I got the new roll out of 12mb lines but thats about it, My normal ms is 30-50 thats it
    lucky sod hope they upgrade near me soon but was under the impression ping isn't related to the size of your line
    tobi wrote: »
    Also having problems with upc + wow. Ping is around 600 - 700 now. Play on outland, believe the data centre is located in sweden. Connection seems fine to everything else.

its in hamburg
    http://www.wowwiki.com/EU_English_Realms_Info

i made an alt on all the different server locations and its the same on all them

BT are ****ign with me recently. I think ill grab a 3g con tomorrow. I'm meant to be on a 3mb package, and ive got nothing but 14.4baud speeds the last week. As you can imagine im pretty pissed off. Ive had to miss out on BT,SSK and MH.....

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

You can amend some registry entries to help with your ping if you want. I know loads of people using it and bar an issue with Vista it works quite well

Manual:

http://elitistjerks.com/572499-post199.html

Automatic:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/10599/

Advertisement