Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Taoiseach...

Options
  • 19-05-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I havta write an essay for my irish exam... "An Taoiseach nua-an mbeidh post crua aige?"

Anyone got any ideas?

In englsh, in irish, in latin, i don't care!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FJH

You could talk about all the social problems in the country that he has to solve. Drink, Drugs, Voilence, Death on the roads, and other stuff like corruption, house prices, the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

If you're going with FJH's suggestion, some of this stuff might help you. it comes from the oral section but i suppose essentially it's the same thing and you can work from it.

http://zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Irish_Oral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I can't see the point of having that essay to do so close to the Leaving Cert, with no chance of it coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

sarah+1 wrote: »
    I havta write an essay for my irish exam... "An Taoiseach nua-an mbeidh post crua aige?"

Anyone got any ideas?

In englsh, in irish, in latin, i don't care!

Like FJH said, literally state all of the problems in society (health system, edcuation system, alcohol, drugs, racism etc) their effects and how the new taoiseach can solve this problem (eg. Ba chóir don Taoiseach an córas oideachais a athrú mar tá an iomarca béime ar chumas acadúil sna scoileanna..)

You should have oral work on all the social problems anyway so hopefully it won't be too hard to string it all together, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

carlowboy wrote: »
    I can't see the point of having that essay to do so close to the Leaving Cert, with no chance of it coming up
    It's fifth year exams...

• Advertisement

If you're going with FJH's suggestion, some of this stuff might help you. it comes from the oral section but i suppose essentially it's the same thing and you can work from it.

http://zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Irish_Oral
    Thanks a million, that's really helpful!

FJH wrote: »
    You could talk about all the social problems in the country that he has to solve. Drink, Drugs, Voilence, Death on the roads, and other stuff like corruption, house prices, the economy.
    How do I say the old taoiseach... Like it can't be an sean-thaoiseach... lol... Perhaps my irish isn't up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

An taoiseach deireanach = last taoiseach.

Advertisement