Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the dogs

• 19-05-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Lads, I'm thinking about going to the Dogs Saturday night.

Are they any good? I've never actually been.

also, I'm thinking of dragging the Girlfriend along (on a lead with a muzzle of course:p) Do you think a woman would enjoy the night?
    God that soundsfair sexist! sorry ladies:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

you'll definitely enjoy it mate...its a great night

treat herself... go for the meal as well... grub isnt bad and you can see the racing and get your bets taken (and paid out on if you win) from your table

you can book it...the numbers in the book.....masters resturant

trap 3 to win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

have to agree with typhoon the dogs are a great night out, something different from being penned in to a corner of a pub, good food, bit of interest on the races, ya never know ya might win a few bob , and a good bar. what more could ya want?

oh its been my expierance that you'll worry if your girlfriend will enjoy herself and what will happen is you will lose your bo*****s and she will have a great night and win every race she bets on and as you are trying to scrape together the money for a taxi home she will be pissed , counting her winnings and shouting " babe can we go to dogs again next week"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

thanks for the replys guys. I think I'll ask her so, good she loves beating me at stuff so she should enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

brilliant nite. if you want a treat book dinner in the restaurant. Its not expensive and you get to sit at the table betting! did this for a hen and it was gas craic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's a good night out and I've gone with groups of women, had a meal and everyone enjoyed the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

for me, i found it a bit silly that they ask you to pay for your meal when you book it, and the meal is dragged out over all the races, i.e you are waiting ages between courses, i ended up having about 7-8 pints trying to kill the time between courses, other than that its ok i suppose, oh yeah, and the starter and the main course i wanted from the menu, they were out of it, so i had to go for my second choice

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Unless your going to the restaurant get food before hand as your wasting your time and money if you want to get basic food out there (chips and burger), the chipper out there is useless.

I've Q'ed for over an hour for chips out there once, they seem to take somebody's order, put on enough chips for that one person and cook that persons one burger and serve them before taking the next order and doing the same thing....never seen a place run like it.

Its grand otherwise, can be great fun :)

Advertisement